Forums are back in action! ×

The site is being funny with some of my posts and stuff!

Finished week 9 of the cube last night with heavy squat. Then messed about a bit and did deadlifts.

Totally funny though, after doing a single 100kg squat, went to do an 83.5kg and nearly lost it. The old legs kinda went "nope" the brain went "YES", finally pushed it up but it was the oddest feeling!

Deadlifts, 108.5kg, 120kg, 126kg. Hoping for 130kg on Saturday.

Mothers Day today and Soccer and all the other stuff. Thought Sunday was a day of rest.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

The Cube/Week10 Stuffs, 09/05/2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, dislocations, walking lunges, just stuff for funnsies!

Squats:

1x12@41kg

1x10@51kg

1x8@61kg

1x6@71kg

1x4@81kg

1x2@91kg

1x1@101kg

Then starting at another 101kg for 1x1 went all the way back to the top again. Yah Pyramids!

Bench:

1x12@20kg

1x10@30kg

1x8@35kg

1x6@40kg

1x4@50kg

1x2@60kg

1x1@70kg

Then doing another 1x1@70kg went all the way to the top.

Seated Rows:

1x10@30kg

1x10@35kg

1x10@40kg

Called it right there, the squats had done me in! Yes I am weak. Wednesday will be a Deadlift warm up, nothing strenuous and maybe some ABS and a few accessories. Moving test day to Sunday as I have Ambulance on Saturday till late afternoon and I like lifting in the morning, I know I can get good foods in at breakfast!

Wait! What............?

Wait! What............?

The Cube/Week 10 11/05/2016 The End

Warm Up:

All the warm up fun shit from previous workouts, but in the sun! Sucking up the Vit D

Squats:

1x8@21kg

1x5@26kg (front squats)

1x8@31kg

Bench:

3x8@30kg

Deadlift:

3x8@38.5kg

Pec Flies:

3x10@10kg

Light and easy. Sunday is 1 rep max day! Woot!

Off to a Proffessional Development Day for swimming teachers! 

Wait! What............?

Wait! What............?

2 hours ago, peelout said:

Will wild kangaroos let you get near them?

Had to zoom the phone as far as it would go, they were closer to the fence when I drove by, but took off when I reversed back. As far as getting close, not likely. There are holiday destinations that encourage feeding, so you can get up close and personal, but I wouldn't trust an essentially wild animal.

Wait! What............?

Test Day: 14/05/2016

Weather: Awesome, slight breeze, few clouds, but more sun and hovering around 20 degrees C. The shed is awesome comfortable!

Food: Bacon, eggs, tomato, avacado, coffee.

Weight: 107.8kg ( little heavy but nothing to stress about.........yet )

Worries: nervous, knee is still looking ugly but not as bad as Thursday, no pain, feeling pretty good. Slept well, actually feel rested.

OK, the nuts of the story:

Warm Up:

Lots of stretching, skipping, disclocations, arms swings, leg swings, basic movements at BW. Slightly out of breath, beginning to sweat.

Squats:

1x5@41kg warm up

1x3@81kg warm up

1x2@91kg warm up

1x1@101kg belted, strong and smooth, got Hairy to spot for me.

1x1@106kg belted, strong and smooth, Hairy spotting.

1x1@111kg belted, strong, smooth, even Hairy gave me a high five after I stopped bouncing around! NEW PR Feeling like I still had plenty in the tank and was sorely tempted to go 116kg, but you know Deadlifts!

Bench:

1x5@40kg warm up

1x3@50kg warm up

1x1@70kg started well, but had a hitch just off the chest, put pushed it out and finished the lift! Hairy was spotter.

1x1@72.5kg fail. Start was good, got to chest, pause, began press and about 4" up got stuck. Needed Hairy to help, hmmmm, this is proving to be my weakest lift! 

Deadlift:

1x3@91kg warm up

1x1@121kg belted and feeling rather fast and on point! 

1x1@126kg belted and on point. Previous PR. felt really good!

1x1@131kg belted, had a slight sticking point at knees but finished strong locking out at the top! NEW PR!

1x1@136kg belted, got to just below the knees and just no. But that's cool, this one was just for shits and giggles!

No super records today but PR'd squat and DL so mega happy with that! Knee is all good, but did wear leggings under knee sleeves because I think that is my problem, my knee sleeves are wearing and getting stretched out and seem to support less. 

No photos of lifts because Sons were busy and Hairy was spotting, but did get photos of barbell loaded with PR weights. Will add later. (If photo thing doesn't piss me off).

Fuck Yeah! :eagerness:

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Madcow Round 2 15/05/2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, stuff involving hanging off the ute parked in my shed!

Squats:

1x5@46kg

1x5@56kg

1x5@71kg

1x5@81kg

1x5@91kg

These were a little harder than I thought they should have been. The last rep on the last set was just downright ugly!

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg

Bench on the other hand was surprisingly a joy.........go figure! 

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

Powered through these! Felt surprisingly strong in the upper back/lats........cool!

No accessories, which cut my time in the shed in half, but felt strangely weird not to have done something. I aim to remedy that and do some accessory type things.

The only concern I have going into this is squatting every session and how badly my knee might end up hating me. As it is now it is not too bad. Guess new knee sleeves aren't as far away as I thought. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

19 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

Glad to hear your knee is better, Seven! 

You're watching the new Game of Thrones season? What do you think so far? I'm kinda torn on it myself.

Cheers BC

I like it for a stand alone from the books. However, we are never going to have a satisfactory ending to the books now, why couldn't he just finish the saga and have an ending to the characters, then whatever happens in the show happens. You can't have the show and then the book. IDK???? :disgust:

Wait! What............?