Forums are back in action! ×

Watched the fight anyway.........grrrrrrrr, it just made me mad. Mayweather is not a sportsman, he is a dick. And the interview after the fight, the guy who interviewed Manny Pacquiao should be fired, a non native English speaker and he's asking loaded questions, that's not interviewing that's just being a dick too.

Just made me mad!

Wait! What............?

I didn't see the fight, but read a quick round-by-round recap where he kinda won each one, then saw a video of everyone booing Merryweather.  But he's on some kind of 28-0 streak and is making bonkers money, so it's not surprising. 

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Why is it every time I see my Mum these days she is spewing negatives about the boys........all the time. Her favourite phrase has changed from "You should" to "Your kids" according to my Mum, I have dropped the ball on raising my Lads. Only because I don't tap their chest with my finger and insist that they should...........I tried to point out that they are adults now, legally able to drink, vote, go to jail and there is nothing I can do about it.

Her latest is that one Lad cannot stay at her place because she doesn't want to be responsible if he gets hurt at work because he has not gone to bed.

Tried to point out to her, it is not her responsibility, she doesn't need to take that on board and if he gets hurt he is an adult now and will have to deal with whatever comes with that.

I have suggested they get themselves to bed, the need for a decent nights sleep and healthy eating, but that's not good enough for her, she wants me to be her mini me. Fuck that shit.

Wait! What............?

Posted Today, 07:00 PM

Dodgy mix of all sorts of things tonight.

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x10@bar (front squat)

1x10@bar (overhead squat)

1x10@10kg

1x10@10kg (F)

1x2@10kg (OH)

1x5@15kg

1x5@15kg (F)

1x5@40kg

1x5@55kg (pause in hole for 2s)

1x5@55kg

2x5@60kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@10kg (F)

1x2@10kg (OH)

1x5@20kg (F)

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x2@30kg

Bench:

5x5@40kg

Deadlift:

1x5@40kg

1x5@80kg

1x1@90kg

Slapped together to just see where I am at. Lost some strength in the squat, and somehow making my back twitchy, I think because I am trying to break big at the hips and then sending my back into an arch. Never ever had this problem before, but it makes me think maybe my lower back is too weak.

The rest well, on the money really, except 90kg deadlift WOOT!

Wait! What............?

Slapped together to just see where I am at. Lost some strength in the squat, and somehow making my back twitchy, I think because I am trying to break big at the hips and then sending my back into an arch. Never ever had this problem before, but it makes me think maybe my lower back is too weak.

The rest well, on the money really, except 90kg deadlift WOOT!

That's what I did not long ago, couldn't quite get back up without bending over more, so I paused at that weight and let the rest of me catch up, and it seems to have worked. My weight has gone up a bit, and my back is still pretty solid.

and congrats on that deadlift.

Congrats on the lift! What a coincidence, i'm trying that tonight! 90 KG last time was pretty tough!

Way to go!

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... serious ILS there... that's great.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So kinda got back into it tonight.

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Some of New Rules of Lifting with the Son1, skipping 2x1min, stuff!

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x15@10kg

1x5@20kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@80kg

4x5@70kg

Something still happening with the left side of my lower back. Really concerns rated on form to make sure things weren't getting out of control but everything seems good except the right knee still buckling. Guess I stay at this weight until I get it sorted.

Bench

5x5@40kg

Might need to add the weight to these. Felt really good.

BOR:

5x5@40kg

Going to stay here for a little while longer.

I really don't understand why I'm getting the back pain and knee buckle now after all this time. The weight is nothing I can't handle so you would figure I would be right to move on. Form check video might be needed.

Wait! What............?

You can't do all the things, but shoot, you do many many things!!

Oh, Moms.....

It sounds like you just need a form check.  Sometimes I have to catch myself trying to lift my ego instead of the weight, and I feel that right in my back.  Ain't now shame in stepping back in the weight and easing into dem gainz.

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Just need to understand why my partner won't be more supporting of my efforts. Strange little conversation about how Arnold Schwarzenegger was ugly back in the day and even worse now, he is a lump of lard..............WTF. Showed him Arnie, Frank, Reg and some of the others in their prime and compared them to PHIL, Kai and Jay, he reckons it's all ugly.

So my adoration of Arnie and his mates now goes underground, their work ethic, their will power and all that I hold dear from them is now stuffed back inside and I will endeavour to carry on.

Wait! What............?

Not underground, over here, where it's your interests are appreciated :D

I think he has his definition of "lard" mixed up with something else. 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I recently lost my last 8lb's to reach my "ideal" wt of 163.  Now I have a thin bone structure, so naturally I look thin when I have lost most of the showable body fat.  About a month ago, a guy who is about 5'8 and I'm pretty sure weighs 250 or more and has to wear suspenders to hold up his pants asked me if I had lost wt.  When I said, yes, he told me not to lose any more and that I should gain some with a worried look in his face.  I think a lot of peoples opinions of what looks good has been skewed by the number of people they see overweight.  That is becoming the new norm.

I personally don't like modern body builders builds.  I grew up in the era of Arnold, Zane, Park, Nubret, etc when there was a well defined V shaped taper down to a narrow but chiseled waist.  Today's top body builders stomachs actually protude because the steroids not only increase muscle size, they increase inner organ size.

Try showing pictures of thinner framed BB's like Frank Zane - Mr Olympia 77-79.  Some people like myself prefer the thinner builds over Arnold and the like.

Or show your partner Cory Everson - Ms Olympia 84-89

Little known useless fact about Frank Zane.  He is still married to the woman he was with in the 70's.  Amazing for this day and age.

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.