Forums are back in action! ×

Need to be revived over here!

There's nothing left in my health bar. I'm falling behind in my new job, I just got winded by a chem exam, I'm trying to figure out how to deal with a guy who's offended me with his racist dorm decoration, and I want to say that this was my last emotional eating binge, but I've said that before.

I'm being destroyed by fructose and industrial fats. Life is something I can't always control, but I know that my own health is in my hands. So here I am, looking for a team of people with the same goals. Will someone give me a hand up?

hey! I was in a similar situation two weeks ago and am gradually picking myself up now. Maybe we can support each other? You seem to have already joined the monks though. :) So I get your goal is martial arts?

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

First off, racist decoration guy. That could encompass all sorts. Does it directly affect you? Does it stop you doing the things you can do? Is it right...no but concentrate on the things that are important now. The moral battle can wait.

Chem exam, it's done. If needs be you may have to redo it but that's not gonna be tomorrow. You may not have have done as badly as you think.

What's your job and how are you falling behind? Is it your dream career or is it "just a job"?

We're here for you :) Chin up and drive on ;)

Heck yeah, you can do this!

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed; there's a lot of work ahead of you, and it's not going to change overnight.  Focus on one or two things you want to work on, and take baby steps towards positive change.  Too much and you'll get frustrated and burn out, I've experienced that myself and it's no fun.

Always remember that you CAN make good changes for yourself and that your efforts will pay off!  For the Rebellion!! :D

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thanks, guys. Things improved slightly since yesterday.

The dude had a calendar of pictures of Asian women in provocative poses. It was right where everyone who walked into his dorm could see it, above the TV. Being a woman of asian descent, I felt self-conscious and uneasy every time I saw it, and that was often, because his roommate is my best friend. I confronted him and got it taken down, whew.

I'm gonna put that chem exam behind me for now. But my job is a research assistant position in a lab studying the clinical effects of a surgical procedure for uterine cancer. This is an incredible opportunity for an undergrad like me! It's just that reading research articles is difficult, and I'm struggling at my one job.

And by the way, I am starting Muay Thai after four years of cross country. :)

That does sound like a really interesting job. :)

I have been considering starting Muay Thai as well. So far I have done a year or so of Wing Chun, but I am moving next week and the place I am going does not offer any courses. Not to mention that there are several disputes between the different lines of school and my particular school isn't located where I will be going.

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)