Forums are back in action! ×

What if people were like Pokemon?

What if people were just like Pokemon? Hear me out

Here is a crash course of Pokemon

Pokemon aka Pocket Monsters, are creatures that live in the Pokemon universe that can battle, train, breed and so forth.

Each Pokemon has 6 stats. They are health points or HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed.

-HP is the stamina that the Pokemon has. Each time it takes a hit, it's HP goes down. Once the HP goes to zero, the Pokemon faints and therefore can no longer battle. That is the main goal of Pokemon battles, to make your opponents Pokemon faint. To raise a Pokemon's HP, you can give it potions, berries, and drinks.

-Attack(aka physical attacks) means how strong a Pokemon is. The higher the stat, the stronger the attack. This stat is for physical moves, such as punches and kicks that make directed contact with the opposing Pokemon.

-Defense is the stat which defends against physical attacks. The higher the stat, the harder the Pokemon is to take down by physical moves. 

-Special Attack stat is similar to the Attack stat but instead of attacks that make direct contact, these moves do not involve hand to hand combat. Moves like using fire or water or electricity to attack the opponent are examples of Special Attacks. The higher the stat, the stronger these moves are

-Special Defense is defense against Special Attacks only. The higher the stat, the harder the Pokemon is to take down with Special moves.

-Speed is how fast a Pokemon moves. The higher the stat, the faster Pokemon is.

Each Pokemon is born with certain values in each stat. This is known as the individual values or IV. This value is unique to each Pokemon and doesn't change through out the Pokemon's life time. For example, the Pokemon  Pikachu has a high IV in speed and it continues to have lots of speed throughout it's life time. 

pikachu.jpg

Each Pokemon is better at something than the others. For example, the rock Pokemon Geodude has higher IV in defense than Pikachu, since it is, well, solid like a rock. 

geodude.jpg

However, Pikachu is faster than Geodude by a long shot, it has four legs after all!

Now there is something called effort values, or EV. EV are values obtained by training your Pokemon a certain way. These values can be added onto the IV stats. Let's take Pikachu for example. Say you would like Pikachu to have a higher defense than it was born with. Pikachu is not stuck to have lower defense! It can be trained to gain more points towards defense with defensive training or vitamins that increase it's defense. Therefore you can have a Pikachu with high speed IV (what it was born with) and high defense EV (what you trained it to be).

Now to apply this to humans.

Each person is born with certain stats in my opinion (IV). Some are naturally faster than others. This is something you cannot change. However, you can train yourself to become faster (EV).

Here is what I interpret each stat of Pokemon to be for people:

HP: Stamina. This is your health. Eating well, keeping fit, and taking good care of your body should raise this stat. Vitamins help as well!

Attack: Strength. This is gained by doing physical activities and exercise.

Defense: Self-Defense. Also defense against disease. Boosting immune system

Special Attack: Mental strength Learning new things! Morals, forming beliefs, keeping positive

Special Def: Protecting ones mind. Sticking to your beliefs when things get rough, getting out of bad situations

Speed: Running. Doing tasks.

This is my interpretation of the stats and is no means an exhaustive list or one not open to change. Make it what it means to you. The point that I am trying to make is people are like Pokemon that they can train themselves in these stats. Even though you are born with certain IVs, its the EVs that count. Be the best, the very best, like no one ever was!

• Like 1

It's not over till it's over

Never give up, never forget

Such a nice concept :o

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.