Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone,

I am happy to have found this place, and I look forward to getting to know some people here.

I am twenty years old, I love working with dogs, and writing. Last year I was diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis, and it really startled me into realizing I have to be more proactive about my health. So I started exercising more here and there, but it wasn't doing anything for me. I continued to gain weight, and have a poor immune system.

So, instead of continuing to do nothing but cardio, that hasn't helped me, I am looking to change things up and find what works for me. I have a bad habit of saying I'm going to be more active, and then not doing it. Therefore, I am going to change this time.

At the start of this year I went gluten-free, as gluten and hashimotos are a bad mixture, and I am also working on going more paleo.

Right now I really want to focus on body weight exercises, and become stronger, and hopefully, eventually move into weight lifting.

Thanks to everyone who read this, and I look forward to learning more here. All advice is always appreciated.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion, Nuclear_Glitter! :3

Since you tend to say you'll start changes, and then not follow through, the NF forum 6 Week Challenges might be a good thing to try. The next one begins in a week. The say that it takes 30 days to form a new habit, so after 42, hopefully it'll be easier to keep going with your new lifestyle! I would also recommend finding an Accountability Group for the duration of the challenge, to help you stick with it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion!!

I second what JMitch said about considering a 6 Week Challenge. The idea is to set up quests with measurable goals for yourself and grade yourself based on how well you stuck to your goals. There is a group specifically for new recruits which is set up to help you succeed and accountabilibuddy groups are great for getting that extra push.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins