Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Quest for 1,000 lb Club PvP (Closed)

Well, we shall see if there's any progress at the end of the first cycle.

I did SS off and on for about three years (big break in the middle), and that's all I've done seriously. Switching programs up is just a little odd. Maybe Texas method would have been a better call.

If you're gonna judge it, I would probably say that you need at least 3 cycles.

How about in bloomsburg for the beast of bloomsburg strongman?

I just read thru the event details and it sounds....awesome. But not 100% sure about a 2.5 hour drive so shortly after a 12-13 hour drive.  But I'm actually going to put that in my calendar.

If you're gonna judge it, I would probably say that you need at least 3 cycles.

That's what I figure. I'm already modifying it a little though. Throwing in strongman stuff, primarily. I got some coaching on the Circus Dumbbell today, which was fun. Got my reps in at 80lbs. The one I'll be using in Bloomsburg is 90, so I'm close.

Also, I'm super excited, because I found out our log at my gym is 80lbs, which means that I pushed 180 on Monday.

That's what I figure. I'm already modifying it a little though. Throwing in strongman stuff, primarily. I got some coaching on the Circus Dumbbell today, which was fun. Got my reps in at 80lbs. The one I'll be using in Bloomsburg is 90, so I'm close.

Also, I'm super excited, because I found out our log at my gym is 80lbs, which means that I pushed 180 on Monday.

Nice! At the risk of turning this into a strongman thread...

That's awesome!  I wish I had some coaching on the DB, I've clean 110 but couldn't press it.  And 145 is the most I've done on the log, but those were really easy.

You need a battle log dude

• Like 1

Yeah I'm starting Cube or Cube for Strongman in about 2 weeks or so. The programs are a minimum of 10 weeks. Hoping to see my deadlift and squat improve.

Hopefully you guys aren't moving on to the 1100lb club.

Watching the live stream of the USAPL Meet at the Arnold on bodybuilding.com...

...these numbers are crazy.  First time watching a national meet.  Crazy seeing guys squat over 3.5x their bodyweight.

If I keep my squat the same and just lose 60lbs, I'll be in that league. 

CARDIO HERE I COME!

And the women were just straight beasts. 52kg deadlifting 3x body weight.

Also, I am a beast. I just added 60# to my total.

Squat: 335# --> 365#

Bench: 225# --> 225#

Deadlift: 355# --> 385#

Total: 915# --> 975#

My bench needs work. I don't currently have enough chest to make use of my new grip. This will be fixed soon enough.

I felt like I could have done 5-10# more on each of my deadlift and squat, but I spent a lot of energy working my way up to those weights.

Also, I am still lifting unbelted.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Also, I am a beast. I just added 60# to my total.

Squat: 335# --> 365#

Bench: 225# --> 225#

Deadlift: 355# --> 385#

Total: 915# --> 975#

My bench needs work. I don't currently have enough chest to make use of my new grip. This will be fixed soon enough.

I felt like I could have done 5-10# more on each of my deadlift and squat, but I spent a lot of energy working my way up to those weights.

Also, I am still lifting unbelted.

Well damn sir!  You went and fucked this all up for the rest of us.  

Yea, if you can get any movement on that bench you've got this in the bag.  I don't really know how much weight a belt really adds, but it's possible you already have it locked down if you sent some money on a belt.

Also...fuck you for making me having to catch up to that squat and deadlift WAY sooner than I intended!

• Like 1

Here are today's 1RM attempts:

Squat:

370# 1

375# 1

380# 1

Bench Press:

225# 1

230# 1

--

Deadlift:

390# 1

395# 1

405# 1

New maxes:

Squat: 380#

Bench Press: 230#

Deadlift: 405#

Total: 1015#

Duration: about 2 hrs.

I decided not to attempt more on bench because 230# was incredibly slow and grindy. Decided it was smarter to save my energy.

Big claims... No worries, I've got vids of them all. I'll edit them together and post in a day or two.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--