Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Quest for 1,000 lb Club PvP (Closed)

No kidding. Good news is it doesn't feel like a tear. I'm walking around with little to no pain. I think squats will be fine, but I will have to lay off basketball and racquetball for a while. I think I'm going to experiment with knee sleeves too...

Which ones were you looking at getting?  Rooks was talking about picking up some SBDs

I was looking at Rehband, but I'm not partial....

I was thinking about the Mark Bell Slingshot sleeves as they are apparently really good quality but about $30 cheaper than both the Rehbands and SBDs, but I just bought a belt and dropped $100 on that strongman comp.  Lol need to space out my fitness related expense a bit.

I haven't had any knees issues while lifting even while doing Smolov Jr, but figured it might be smart to make sure that I don't have any in the future

• Like 1

Well, starting my second cycle of 5/3/1 and I feel pretty confident about it. Depending on how singles week goes at the end, I might set myself up a meet style day to test again at the end. Singles week has me moving 945, and if the first cycle is any indication, I might be able to put on a few more pounds than that while I'm at it.

I was thinking about the Mark Bell Slingshot sleeves as they are apparently really good quality but about $30 cheaper than both the Rehbands and SBDs, but I just bought a belt and dropped $100 on that strongman comp.  Lol need to space out my fitness related expense a bit.

I haven't had any knees issues while lifting even while doing Smolov Jr, but figured it might be smart to make sure that I don't have any in the future

I ended up getting a pair of Rehbands. Today is my first day lifting in them. Starting my 3rd 5-3-1 cycle today. My totals used to calculate my working weights totals 1,000 lbs :)  If my knee feels good through this cycle, I will test in 4 weeks or so...

• Like 1

I ended up getting a pair of Rehbands. Today is my first day lifting in them. Starting my 3rd 5-3-1 cycle today. My totals used to calculate my working weights totals 1,000 lbs :)  If my knee feels good through this cycle, I will test in 4 weeks or so...

Let me know how you like them and how sweaty your knees get lol

• Like 1

I really liked the Rehbands yesterday. My knee still doesn't feel 100% when I am walking around, but with the sleeves on and everything tight, my squats actually felt really good. Did my final set of 5 reps @ 250 lbs no problem. My squat workout was ~30 min, so my knees weren't all that sweaty, but if I wore them for the entire workout they would definitely be!

• Like 1

Gentlemen, how goes the quest for free beer...I mean to break 1000?  I feel as if DD and Castiel should be fast approaching the goal, with Rookie and wover (by the way, I think my name is the most obvious, but I'm Matt or Matty) being slowed down by some nagging injuries.

As for me, I don't know where the fuck I am in regards to this strength thing sadly.

I'm still trying to fix my Deadlift, tune up my squat, and gain a few pounds on bench with a decent pause...

I'll probably test in a couple weeks. I'll probably get it or be like 10# shy. It really depends on my Deadlift.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I bulked up 20#, fast and dirty. The weight gain leveled off once I stopped eating garbage (candy, cookies). I am fairly uncomfortable, and I can't wait to start a cut.

Screenshot_2015-04-16-11-42-58.png

Some fat, some muscle. Hamstrings are much less puny. It's yet to be seen if that will translate into a bigger DL or Squat.

I'm tapering off the injury induced deload. Playing a risky game following the apparent recovery of the injury so closely.

At this rate, I'll have a natural opportunity to test a 1rep in two weeks. I expect a decent jump on bench. Other than that, I have no direct evidence of strength gains.

Earlier this week I added 10 lbs. to my bench.

I just now updated my signature to reflect this. In the process, I realized my squat was out of date too. So I upped it to 380, since gainsy gave that a white light from my last test.

That leaves my 385 deadlift, which I pulled yesterday, without hitching, but possibly with my lower back rounding. Bad, risky form, but perhaps a passable lift.

If I can repeat these in one day:

Squat: 380 lbs.

Bench: 235 lbs.

Deadlift: 385 lbs.

Total: 1000 lbs.

I'll be testing on Sunday.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I just pulled 1005# on a pregame assessment for Sunday. No vids do it's unofficial, but you all might want to think about what kinds of beer you're sending.

Yeah its pretty much been a race for second since you broke 1000 with the bad form.

I really want to test today to try and steal this thing! But alas the gym is closed today and my knee might not like it...

Lol that actually would have been hilarious.
  • Like 2