Forums are back in action! ×

Beginning of the end

I hate French, I hate it with a passion, but to be fair, "Le commencement de la fin"  just sounds plain awesome.

This is my beginning, or the beginning of the so called end.

Sick of my body, sick of feeling insecure about it, time for action and to take responsibility.. It ends now.

This is me, living in Holland (that's a country in Europe, not the main capital of Germany), weighing in at 134.9 KG (currently dropped to 131-ish) and 198cm tall.

I'm a big fella, in most ways. I'm fond of sports, as long as it contains competition and has to do with a ball, but I've never ever worked out in a gym or anything. Until recently. :pride:

Started working out 3 weeks ago with a 3-times-a-week rotation to the local gym. Being helped by some personal assistance and a get-you-started scheme for the upcoming weeks, I'm trying out some things. I must admit that it gets easier week by week. My stamina and endurance increase significantly, my bodyshape not so much.

I've set some goals for myself, which I'll be implementing in the upcoming Feb/March challenge and can't wait to laugh and learn while doing it.

Hopefully I'll be surrounded by inspiration and people like me doing stuff for the first time but are absolutely dedicated to make that change happen in their lives.

Le commencement de la fin. Pardon my f'n French. :panda:

Jurgen / Keejos

• Like 1

======================================================================================

[Level 2 Monk]

STR: 2 - DEX: 1 - STA: 2 - CON: 2 - WIS: 4 - CHA: 4

:triumphant: [COMPLETED!] My first challenge - Challenge virgin reporting for duty! [/COMPLETED!] :triumphant: 

:angel: [iN PROGRESS!] My second challenge - Keejos becoming a Monk! [/iN PROGRESS!] :angel:

"Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels." - Someone

======================================================================================

French has been the hardest language for me to tackle on Duolingo so far. Even harder than gaelic!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...