Forums are back in action! ×

From the snowy land of the north

Hey, fellow rebels, long time reader but first time poster here. Also the first time I really considered the lifestyle change, since I've been overweight all my life. But after reading the success stories I've decided it's time to finally unleash my inner barbarian.

I'm honestly a bit lost as to what to do, but I decided enough was enough and it was time to finally achieve my dream. I'm a martial artist, and have had enough of my weight impacting what I can do, so I think a diet may be in order. 

Other than that? I'm level 1 and hope to level up. Any guidance would be helpful!

Welcome!  The more of us here from the tundra, the better.

When I was starting out, way back, um, last month, I just looked at what I like to do.  Losing weight is just eating better and eating less and moving more.  More veggies and more lean protein sources did the dietary trick for me, and then finding a practical activity that you like, and doing as much of that as you can.

Not sure where you're at, but back in college my friends and I discovered that Iowa is actually the center of the martial arts world in the USA...

Keep it fun and you'll keep it going!

Level 2 Human Squire

I want to be a Paladin.  Current Challenge Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1  2

Challenge: Go from a 42 inch waist to a 34 inch waist

25%
25%

Challenge: 100 Wilkes point deadlift.

76.73%
76.73%