Forums are back in action! ×

How the hell did Ben Affleck do this?

Maybe he Googled Batman workout and found the NF Batman Bodyweight Workout. Or chemicals. Like, insane radioactive muscle growth stuff that would make his testes fall off, grow eight legs, and scurry off to build a web... you know what, it's late where I am, and I really should go to bed.

• Like 1

OtakuBosatsu

Level 1 Lycan. Druid/Monk at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 7|DEX 5.75|STA 4|CON 3|WIS 3.75|CHA 3

My blog, "Zen, Music, and Movement": http://raffyayaladvo.wordpress.com/

Not one of us here couldn't achieve that if we had nothing but workouts to do. Chefs to make our personal diet plan. People to watch the kids. Bills paid. Someone taking care of every single issue in his life for him. He has nothing but free time and not a care in the world :)

I don't like the veins. Doesn't look good.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

That is massively Photoshopped, haha. Here is what he looks like at the moment 

2475D66B00000578-2899679-Built_like_Batm

It's not unusual for movie stars to use gear anyway, Chris Hemsworth for example. Put on so much lean mass in a little under a year for Thor that they told him to lose some because his suit didn't fit, lol. He attributed it to "eating lots of chicken and sleeping a lot."

• Like 1

Meh... He can still fit into jeans.  Must be skipping leg day.

• Like 3

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

That is massively Photoshopped, haha. Here is what he looks like at the moment 

2475D66B00000578-2899679-Built_like_Batm

It's not unusual for movie stars to use gear anyway, Chris Hemsworth for example. Put on so much lean mass in a little under a year for Thor that they told him to lose some because his suit didn't fit, lol. He attributed it to "eating lots of chicken and sleeping a lot."

I want his shoes. Someone quick find me a pair of those bad boys.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Yeah, when some of the most talented natural bodybuilders say anything more than 10-12 pounds of muscle in a year requires chemical assistance, I have to go with drugs. That being said, he doesn't really look that big in the photo Fus Ro Brah posted. Could be natural. Plus I always ask the question: how far apart are the before and after shots? very rarely do they show you a year and month stamp for each of the photos. Plus, even in his before photo, you can see the foundation of muscle here (adonis belt for a start). The only thing he really looks like he's jacked up massively is his arms (and maybe a little chest too).

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Affleck has been in shape before, as have virtually all hollywood actors. Regaining previous muscle is a lot easier than gaining new stuff as the Tim Ferriss thing proved (well, hinted at).

So, ignoring the fact the first image doesn't look real, that is another reason why these guys can do such good transformations. We could too if we gained loads of muscle, sat around and lost it and then gained it back.

Plus drugs and all the convenience benefits he has too.

He's paying far too much for shoes.

Chucks are all you need; maybe some VANS

Anything else, is just pretentious

As a man, I agree.  Though I prefer my Vibrams.  If we were talking about a lady celebrity, these would be "normal".  And by normal I mean obscene.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I wouldn't say "massively" P-Shopped

Someone just stuck his head on some juicer's body = easy shit

I think that could be his actual body based on the other picture posted, but it is heavily shopped to add all the veins and tan. It's borderline, I can't tell which after a brief glance. I'm leaning toward head ona  different body though  because that shirt doesn't quite fit his style.

Affleck has been in shape before, as have virtually all hollywood actors. Regaining previous muscle is a lot easier than gaining new stuff as the Tim Ferriss thing proved (well, hinted at).

So, ignoring the fact the first image doesn't look real, that is another reason why these guys can do such good transformations. We could too if we gained loads of muscle, sat around and lost it and then gained it back.

Plus drugs and all the convenience benefits he has too.

Yeah, it's generally accepted that these guys sometimes roid up to gain the size. It's not all the time, and mayhap not in this case either, but it does happen plenty. Under the proper supervision, it's actually not too dangerous. Also, previous muscle is much easier to get back than build in the first place as was said. All the muscylar cells and mechanisms are still there, they're just shrunk down and shriveled up. Not having to actually build them from scratch saves a ton of time.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Actually, if you go back and look at Affleck in The Town, it's not that dissimilar to what he looks like now (minus any pump he may have used to appear bigger during essential swole scenes), so the roidless thing is looking potentially more realistic for "this" time around. Doesn't make him a lifetime natural athlete or anything.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

I think the most annoyingly fake thing about The Town, was how he overdid his own Southie accent, almost to the level of Parody

I never said his performance was anything special, just that his physique is quite similar to what it is now, proving that he hasn't actually built any new muscle, just rebuilt what he had previously.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Meh... He can still fit into jeans.  Must be skipping leg day.

I thought the exact same thing. I couldn't imagine trying to fit into those jeans. I wore a button up shirt and jeans to work the other day and had to untuck it because I thought my ass looked too big.......And I'm a dude. 

• Like 1

"I've torn a hamstring tendon and re-injured my knee, lower back, and upper back while doing yoga. Don't get me started on shin splints. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, so might as well be strong." - Some guy on the SS forums.

"Heavy is dangerous, but light is no fun." - Mark Rippetoe

"Squats are a good assistance to bring up your curl, as a bonus you can do your squats while your are still in the curl rack." - SJB