Forums are back in action! ×

My first art show is tomorrow!

One of the local art galleries has an art show every month, and I am kind of a closet artist. Like, a lot of my friends know that I like to paint, but no one has ever really seen my work cause I am scared about it... and somehow I got convinced to put a few pieces in this months art show... It's vampire themed and I have 3 pieces in it and I am SUPER nervous... But I am super excited too. I finally am doing something with this hobby of mine that I love so much :) Yay for finally jumping out of my comfort zone!

Wish me luck guys. I am going to try not to faint tomorrow :P

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Thanks! Less than 2 hours now. I am so nervous...

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Posted Image

(To explain the art: First you see the fangs, but then it's too late and you get bit, then you start turning into a vampire)

I SURVIVED! It was actually gloriously fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

No. I am not double fisting drinks. I am holding the person who was taking the picture's drink as well as my own. :P

Still unreal that my art is in a gallery :)

Awesome! It's great that you got your stuff in a gallery. I always wanted to have at least one piece of mine displayed. Congratulations!

Aww. Thanks you guys! I don't know if I would have been able to do it Pre-NF days :)

Thank you! I somehow got talked into doing a Nightmare Before Christmas show too... Pieces are due at the end of the month for that :/

Ahh! This is so cool! Congrats! I like it. And you best be posting pics of your Nightmare before Christmas piece(s).

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

YAY! Turned in my pieces for this art show yesterday! Art show is next Saturday <3

Posted Image

Not happy with this one. I did fix his face some so it looks better in real life

Posted Image

Faces of Jack vase. LOVE IT

Posted Image

I am THRILLED with the way this turned out

Thanks! And yea, like 5 pounds. I have been epically sick this month. :"( So it's kind of a bonus but kind of a bummer.

ooh just saw this thread - that's so awesome you do art shows (and so courageous of you)! i love your Jack drawings :) have fun!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.