Forums are back in action! ×

Thechozen1, a skinny guy with a pot belly.

First of all, I love the simplicity of NF.  That's one of the reasons I'm here now.  What I'm having trouble with is the attributes, how many points I get when I accomplish a goal, and how to I "level up" my "character."  In case it helps answer my questions, here are a few things I do know.

1.  I'm 5'9", 155 lbs.  Buy all accounts I'm a small guy, but I have a "beer belly."  One of my goals is to gain about 15-20 lbs. of lean muscle and lose my belly.

2.  I was a Marine back in '99, so I'm not completely new to physical fitness.  Before MCMAP, the marines used LINE training, so the Monk sounds like the most suitable class for me.  (Focus on explosive power and endurance, more body weight exercises than heavy weight lifting, etc.) Another one of my goals is to eventually run a mile, nonstop, in 6 minutes or less.

3.  The reason I'm so out of shape is my fault alone.  No bad genetices to blame here.  The past few years of drinking, smoking, and recreationall drug use have started to take their toll on me.  Some people treat their body like an amusement park.  I've treated mine like a toxic waste dump.

Anyways, any help with setting up my attributes and learning how to add points to my attributes would be greatly appreciated.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sorry, I don't know how to do attributes either, but I hope you got it figured out since this post is pretty old!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...