Forums are back in action! ×

Trying to go from turtleduck to winged lemur

I used to be in pretty good shape. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked I had a baby. A year of maternity leave basically ended up being a year of Netflix and all-you-can-eat-because-hey-breastfeeding-burns-calories-right.

So. My goal is to get my pre-baby body back, and then some. I want to be able to keep up with a toddler, fit into my old clothes, have enough energy to do everything I want to, and basically be as fit as a pro-bender. Fit Like Korra. Yes, there is a tumblr. (no, it's not mine) Actually, it was that tumblr that led me here.

I've got my 'before' picture, and have been hitting the gym pretty regularly since I found NerdFitness a few months ago (yes I'm a procrastinator and haven't introduced myself until now) and discovered that weightlifting is more useful than cardio (thank the spirits, because I loathe cardio). Weightlifting is fun because it's really easy to see your progress: last month 45 lbs, this month 60 lbs, etc. I know I'm already stronger than before, because I can lift baby out of her babycarrier in one go, rather than needing to stop and readjust my grip.

Oh, and I've decided to join the Assassins' Guild. Hi everyone!