Forums are back in action! ×

So, its me again. Not again here, but me again. Same Amber, but another site, another new beginning, another set of goals and a firm determination to get 'er done. How many times can you start over and convince yourself that somehow this time will be magically different? 

The Fat Fairy and the Puberty Fairy visited when I was 11, and their blessings were abundant, including PCOS. I just turned 37, so this has been a long struggle for me. I had both hips replaced in February of 2014 due to a birth defect that caused early onset arthritis. I'm still working on getting my body back - my balance, movement, flexibility, strength, and endurance. I feel broken and like I'm gasping for air, but I'm determined to make this the time that matters. This will be the time I make things happen.

I've done Weight Watchers, but quit in part because they really push the fat free/no fat processed crap, and I refuse to eat it. We recently started buying raw milk and cream, making our own butter, and buying more organic and natural as possible,. Can't do everything, but as much as we can. 

I desperately want to get pregnant again. The PCOS means I need extra help, and I'm terrified my doctor will tell me at the end of the month she won't give me Clomid unless I lose weight first. Again, I'm 37 ... not "old", but on the older side for having another baby.

I just want to be healthier. I want to finish getting my body back. I know it won't happen right away - I watched my body deteriorate for three years, and its not going to bounce back right away. I want to be able to put my socks on again without the sock aid. I want to go up and down steps without getting out of breath. I want to take my new bike out, have the balance to get on and off, and to ride a good distance, feel the wind in my hair, and pull my four year old son in the trailer behind me. 

I want to take the classes that sound more fun at the Y that I just don't have the cardio for right now - Zumba, belly dancing, Cardio Funk ... the dance stuff sounds like SO much fun! I just can't do it right now. 

I want to walk into a store - any store - and not have to worry if they carry plus sizes or not. I'm determined to love this body regardless of its size, regardless of what it can or cannot do. But loving it doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. So there it again and here I am. Amber again. 

Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul. ~ Walt Whitman

http://beamsofamber.blogspot.com

Hi, Amber! Did you ever try Zumba? I'm too uncoordinated for it, but it's fun to try :)

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...