Forums are back in action! ×

What are your bad habits?

We all have them. What are yours? All of mine stem from my inability to do anything in moderation (per my signature). So, for instance, I have no problem not drinking, but if I have a couple drinks, I have to have ALL the drinks.

It's just how I am. When I workout, I workout like a maniac. When I have a cheat day, I cheat like I haven't eaten in a month. If I buy a book, I sit down and read it cover to cover, non-stop.

I have a couple of others too, but I might hold off on those for a bit. [emoji6]

• Like 2

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

I have a pretty major problem with moderation as well.  If I have one thing, I have to have all of those things.  It's easier for me to go completely cold turkey on things than it is for me to slowly cut them out.  Middle ground is practically impossible for me.

The other bad habit I have is a terribly attention span.  No matter what I do, I have to be mentally occupied constantly.  Especially with work, I always have to be doing something.  The minute that my job trails off into quiet time, my brain wanders and I get bored, and then I start doing a half-assed job.

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

Procrastination is my biggest. I never miss a deadline but I get a high from working my tail off to meet one. So I tend to manufacture crunch time scenarios by putting things off if they have long lead times. It's a bad habit but one I don't see myself breaking anytime soon.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Probably my worst is something like procrastination. I hate to call it laziness, because I am not a lazy person. But if I am comfortable and content, I am not inclined to get up and do something else (not after I have worked all day long). I suppose it has something to do with my sun sign - Taurus. Taurus is known for being a comfort-seeker. Highly sensual. Have the bad habit of loving good food, but not so much the exercise (too sweaty, tiring, and uncomfortable). So, that's my worst habit. Being comfortable.

- Sarah

"I am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the stars."

My Epic Quests:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/143011

Being a push-over. Everyone I know like to walk all-over me because of it. I just feel too bad telling people off, especially my family and I really don't want to dealing with conflict involved with it (too much work).

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

My worst habit stems from procrastination. I'm supposed to be doing work right now, I've got my study materials all lined up and everything in front of me, but I'm sitting here typing this post in an internet fitness forum.

...yeah, I'll get to work. In a minute. Make that ten. Half an hour? An hour wouldn't hurt. :D

Assassin - Level 3 

STR: 6 | STA: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Challenge 1 - RESTART -  Challenge 2

We all have them. What are yours? All of mine stem from my inability to do anything in moderation (per my signature). So, for instance, I have no problem not drinking, but if I have a couple drinks, I have to have ALL the drinks.

It's just how I am. When I workout, I workout like a maniac. When I have a cheat day, I cheat like I haven't eaten in a month. If I buy a book, I sit down and read it cover to cover, non-stop.

I have a couple of others too, but I might hold off on those for a bit. [emoji6]

Phew! I always thought this is just me, especially comparing to my husband who controls himself like a machine. 

Last weekend I ate about half of cake, I think :(

And procrastination, damn it.

I also pick my fingers util they look like this:

1926341130670278.png

OCD about incorrect spelling, ha.

• Like 1

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

Phew! I always thought this is just me, especially comparing to my husband who controls himself like a machine. 

Last weekend I ate about half of cake, I think :(

And procrastination, damn it.

I also pick my fingers util they look like this:

1926341130670278.png

I do the finger thing too... sometimes don't even realize what I'm doing until I look down and there's blood everywhere. 

Probably my worst is something like procrastination. I hate to call it laziness, because I am not a lazy person. But if I am comfortable and content, I am not inclined to get up and do something else (not after I have worked all day long).

Complacent is the word, or at least the one I use for myself in this situation.  The only solution seems to be to do what needs to be done.  My problem is less of a daily issue and more of a big-picture life issue.  I spend a long while working part-time at a grocery store, only doing half-assed job searches and applications.  The car accident that broke my foot and put me on the couch for several weeks was the best thing that's happened to me in a while.  I put out a bunch of applications that are now moving forward, got accepted to grad school, and never went back to the store after my foot healed up.

• Like 2

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

I had to start putting clear mascara on my eyebrows because if I "feel" them on my face, I will pull them out. I don't pull my eyelashes as much as my eyebrows, so I don't always wear mascara on those.  Also, as soon as I hear someone tell me their name, I immediately forget it. I store it in the shortest term memory possible, and I'm trying to be more aware of it because it's rude.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...