Forums are back in action! ×

Hopefully I Succeed This Time

Hello, I'm Katy, and I used to be part of this forum a couple months ago. Unfortunately, my depression hit me big time and I ended up giving up on what I was trying to do.

Things are better now (for the most part), so now I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things again.

This time, I'd like to:

• better my eating habits and try and cut down on sugar and sweets
  • drink more water and work on cutting out a soda a day (I drink on average 2 cans a day).
  • improve my strength and work on getting into better workout habits. I have trouble motivating myself to actually work out, but I might try for 15-30 minutes in the morning before I get ready for work.
  • cut out fast food as much as possible. I don't eat it that often, but I know I can cut back more.

I know it's not much, but it's a start for me. I'm technically part of Planet Fitness (a low cost gym) but I'm going to end my membership, since my schedule only allows me to go during the peak hours. Instead, I'll use the money and buy myself some weights so I can do strength training at home. I don't have room for an at home strength training area, but I can stash some weights somewhere and work out in my room.

I guess that's it. It's nice to meet everyone!

Weight loss 155 lbs-140 lbs

1%
1%

I feel like you may do better if you make a commitment to yourself to do things, rather than every goal having some combination of try, might, may, work on and even your title being "hopefully"

Think about how you will succeed and what you will do (and even better are doing) to succeed. You can do this, but you have to want it badly enough to decide you are going to do it, not just enough to hopefully maybe try to do some. Many studies have shown those small differences in your attitude as shown by how you phrase things is a world of difference. Remember, you've already fought off depression which is harder than getting in shape anyway.

• Like 1

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

And it's easier to keep track of specific goals:

• better my eating habits and try and cut down on sugar and sweets - don't try, limit yourself to x sugary things per day/week (depending on how bad your "habit" is :P)
  • drink more water and work on cutting out a soda a day (I drink on average 2 cans a day). Easy - drink no more than 1 can per day
  • improve my strength and work on getting into better workout habits. I have trouble motivating myself to actually work out, but I might try for 15-30 minutes in the morning before I get ready for work. Easy again - commit to 15 minutes before work (BBWW?), no motivation necessary, just discipline
  • cut out fast food as much as possible. I don't eat it that often, but I know I can cut back more. No more than once/twice a month?

Now you have measurable goals, and what gets measured gets done.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...