Forums are back in action! ×

I am going to introduce myself....

hello. I'm new to this forum, I was pointed in this direction from john stone fitness, as someone had shared a link from here...was very motivating, so thought I'd come on here and see what it's all about!

I've been working out for about 2.5 years, and it's taken me that long to realize there is soooooo much to learn.

I am married, 1 5 year old son, 2 toy poodles...one of which usually hangs out me while I work out. (she humps her rabbit whenever I do a set. yes, SHE.)

I just started lifting heavy, and had a sudden realization that it would have been better to be lifting heavy this whole time...low reps, more sets. SIGH.

I now have a TON of questions, but I'll figure out where to post those, as this is my intro...

so there you have it! ME!

Never let your fear decide your fate.

Welcome! I'm just getting into heavy lifting myself. I used to lift heavy way back in high school for football, but am learning more and more that my strength coaches back then really didn't know what they were talking about and taught very poor technique. If you're going to get into heavy lifting, make sure to figure out good technique and how to be safe.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Absolutely! I have done the technique to death with lighter weights, 8-10 reps, 3 sets...that sort of thing. I had the most enlightening workout last night when I realized i had doubled my weight in almost every exercise. it blew my mind how heavy i could actually lift, by cutting the reps in half. insane!!!

Never let your fear decide your fate.