Forums are back in action! ×

My only regret at the gym tonight...

was that the guys doing sets on the hip abductor machine weren't there when I was walking by doing the farmer's carry.

Seriously.

# of people doing freeweights tonight: 1 (me).

# of guys trading sets on the hip abductor machine: 2.

And the kicker was that it appeared to be a father-son pair. So, +10 points for getting your son to the gym, minus several million for doing the hip abductor.

Posted Image

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

i never understood why men used that machine. i recently read an article that explained why no one should use that machine and i haven't since. but at least it makes sense for women to use it in some realm of thought (since this is a "trouble spot" for alot of women). but i've never seen a guy with flabby thighs...like...ever.

You know, back in the day I used those ad and abductor machines. And they never felt right. My body just didn't appreciate the machine. After I learned more I realized my body is awesome b/c it was basically trying to tell me exactly what that article did: step away from the machines.

Agreed, Alecto. Yay for encouraging your son to workout... but dude... step away. Do you see them there often? If you do you should start chatting with them. Maybe they'll start paying attention to what you do and get interested in learning all sorts of awesome and actually effective workouts.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I love the yes-no machines. Probably for the same reasons aj does.

Lol, the "yes-no" machines. Now I'm going to giggle every time I walk by them and look like a creep.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

yh but just think, the more people hiding on the machines the less people in your way using the free weights or standing around during your farmers walks

That's why I love this gym - it has a full free weight section - ez-bars, olympic bars, dumb bells up to 100lbs, and a full cage for squats, etc. More plates than you know what to do with since there is also a leg press and smith machine. And there are at most 4 people back there, and I'm the only one who uses the cage. Well, there was one dude doing full-body bicep curls in there last week (the kind where you throw your whole body back in order to get the bar to your shoulders).

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...