Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to Take the Plunge

Hello Everyone,

Thought I should introduce myself.  I have been lurking and reading Nerd Fitness for a week or so now.  I have finally decided to fully commit to a healthier lifestyle.

I am 25, and currently weight 240lbs @ a height of 5'10".  I have always been a bigger guy and have always been ok with it, and still am.  Throughout most of high school I weighed right in the 200lbs mark.  During my time in University, I partied and drank and ate like crap.  At my largest I weighed just over 250.  

When I returned home from school I got back into eating a bit better and pretty quickly dropped a good 10lbs.  But now I have been stagnant for a couple years.  I have been working on finding a career and at the beginning of the year started a promising career as an insurance broker in my local town, I am loving it.  

Anyway, I have noticed that my iron stomach is leaving me a food effects me different than it once did. Plus I have been feeling lethargic and unmotivated.

I have always liked being big.  It hid my soft personality around a somewhat intimidating exterior.  I am still not looking to get skinny, I am looking to become healthy, and to get big, but in a muscle sense.  I have always admired Vin and The Rock and Arnold, and have always wanted to get there, as I know I can do it.  But never got motivated enough.

A week or so ago, I was sitting on the steps and tying my shoes, and with my belly, I always lose breath and hold it in to get my laces done up.  And While I was doing it, I decided that this has to change, and I am not going through this anymore.

So here I am.  I have a goal, of 200lbs to start, and to drop my body fat.  I have done no calculations yet, but it is to come.  I do weights, but until now, it hasn't been routine or structured, and I do participate in step dancing twice a week, which is great cardio.  My mom teaches step dance and I got into it at a young age, it was a home requirement.  I stopped when I went to school and am now getting back into it.

I am so happy to find Nerd Fitness and the atmosphere is so motivational and inspirational.  What a great community.  I look forward to getting into this further.