Forums are back in action! ×

And so here I find myself - halfway to my goal weight and all the promise that holds (particularly running my little heart out), and I am stuck at the same weight for the last year and a half.  And it's all because of what I have been feeding my furnace!  It's all because of a lack of motivation to treat myself kindly by eating what I need instead of what I feel like.  And it took a long easter weekend filled with easter eggs, and feeling sick the entire 5 days because of it, that has sent me scurrying for NerdFitness and the hope it offers.  Of finally reaching goal weight and starting to run again after all these years and excess kgs.  Two years ago I adopted a puppy called Guunu and so for the last two years I have at least been exercising - an hour walk every day (except when it rains - neither of us likes getting wet).  But Guunu is champing at the leash and wants to RUN!  And so with Guunu snapping at my heals, my newfound motivation and all the NerdFitness help I can get I am going to kick butt and run those last 30kgs right off the planet!  Just watch me!

My three goals for the next six weeks are to drop a dress size (or rather jeans size), to eat healthy 90% of the time (I am only human - sorry, High Elf) and walk hard at least 6 times a week (even through winter threats of rain).

And I need all the help I can get (and give, for that matter)!

PS I feel I should explain the name - I'm not being frivilous, but rather celebrating - yesterday I took my last dose of psych meds after 18 years on them - I have cured myself - I am happy!!!!