Forums are back in action! ×

Finally stopped lurking and decided to join the community

Hello NF Community!

I've been a lurker on NF since around mid-January when I discovered the blog. I'm a 24 year old code monkey by day and Annihilator of Xenos scum by night. At 6' tall and 220 pounds I was unhappy with what I saw in the mirror and how I felt every day. I also started talking about getting engaged with my longtime girlfriend which made me think about my future and how I want to present myself as an adult and role model for the rest of my life.

I spent some time browsing through Steve's posts as well as those from the other community members and I've been truly engaged and inspired. After adopting an 80/20 Paleo centric lifestyle and without any consistent exercise or weight training I've dropped down to 189 pounds!

My weight has remained here for the past two or three weeks and I'm starting to see that if I want to see any more success I need to begin weight training. I've always been interested in lifting but every attempt I've made to form the habit has fallen flat. I know there's a fledgling warrior spirit within me and Steve's post yesterday about the 6 week challenge has motivated me to try and cement the habit and make the next step.

I'll be posting over in the 6 week challenge thread, recruit subforum later today after work with my goals and my thoughts. Wish me luck!

Edit: A link to my challenge thread. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/64008-bulwark-shapes-up/