Forums are back in action! ×

A brief introduction

Hey,

Just wanted to do one of these oh so fun and not at all cringe  worthy introduction things.

I'm somebody who was very involved in sports as a kid. Swimming, Basketball, Gaelic Football, Hurling (Youtube it Hurling, its hilariously violent) and using my bike as transportation to all training sessions and games. 

Unfortunately when I went off to college the sports stopped but how much I was eating did not. 

The plus side to college was that I got in to playing RPG's, Heroclix and larps which made me realise I wasn't the only one.

I also found people who liked the same kinds of films as me who in turn introduced me to graphic novels.

So college wasn't all bad is what I'm saying.

Over the years I've tried a variety of diets and what not but for them all to fall by the way side for different excuses (I'm not saying reasons as there aren't any good enough if I'm honest)

Due to working an office job for the last 4 years and doing a four hour commute each day I feel its really important that I get fit again if for no other reason then to have the energy to get through the day.

Luckily I recently moved in with my girlfriend and there is a forest two minutes from my house. I've started going to this forest park 3 days a week for an hour. I sprint and vault (as best I can)through the trees and over fallen ones. I do push ups and my favourite bit is trying to lift heavy bits of lumber. Yes it sounds ridiculous but its more fun then past gym experiences especially finding something different and heavier to lift each time. Most importantly its all kept me interested and been fun which I think is the most important. 

At my heaviest I was 257.6 at my lightest I was 189 and at the moment I'm 231. My target weight is 15 stone, so 210 pounds.

I know and happily accept I won't have a 6 pack. But if after a while I'm stronger and more dexterous and feel healthier then I'm calling it a win. 

Anyway

TL:DR- Sporty kid-college-became a bit of a nerd-wants to get healthy running through a forest and lifting bits of trees

Its nice to meet you all.