Forums are back in action! ×

New to Nerd Fitness and new to working out in general. I'm temporarily located in the desert and have been most sedentary -I'm really not into heat and constant sun. I'm interested in developing my stamina (and maybe my endurance, as soon as I learn what the difference between the two are), building my strength up with a lifting program, and staying loose with some yoga. Looking into the Rangers Guild. Anyhow, this is me. Hello.

I'm Ranger-curious. STR-0; DEX-0; STA-0; CON-0; WIS-0; CHA-0

Welcome to the rebellion!

Stamina and endurance are pretty much the same thing as far as I know... Do you mean cardio endurance, or muscle endurance?

The basic idea is that if you want to get stronger, go for a few repetitions with high weight. If you want to build endurance, lower the weight and increase the repetitions.

If it's cardio endurance you're after, walking, sprinting, hiking, etc. are all viable methods. Look up the couch-to-5k training plan. I hear it's great.

You seem to be wanting a lot of things here, so I would suggest you prioritize your goals and focus on one or two at a time. Trying to build a bunch of different habits at once can lead to feeling overwhelmed and giving up. Build your new habits slowly, and when you feel comfortable adding more, go for it!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the rebellion!

Stamina and endurance are pretty much the same thing as far as I know... Do you mean cardio endurance, or muscle endurance?

The basic idea is that if you want to get stronger, go for a few repetitions with high weight. If you want to build endurance, lower the weight and increase the repetitions.

If it's cardio endurance you're after, walking, sprinting, hiking, etc. are all viable methods. Look up the couch-to-5k training plan. I hear it's great. 

I was thinking cardio. I'd like to lift for strength, fewer reps/higher weight. Tomorrow I'm planning on starting my strength training, and I've been in yoga for a couple weeks now and that's been nice. I've heard of Couch-to-5k but am not a huge fan of running. I love cycling though, so maybe I can find a similar program for bike/stationary bike.

I'm Ranger-curious. STR-0; DEX-0; STA-0; CON-0; WIS-0; CHA-0