Forums are back in action! ×

Fall seven times, Get up Eight

I began a 30 day challenge a few days before I joined Nerd Fitness. I had a lot of momentum and was relying on that too much.

I am on day 23, the last few days have been a return to old patterns and habits, I will not waste six months or a year or a single day headed down that path.

I know that path, I lived for years on that road and not only does it lead nowhere but it just circles upon itself, a rut.

So, I crawl out of that rut, hack my way through the briars and back into the sunshine,

It's a new road, it's scary and uncomfortable and a bit scary but thank god it's not that rut I lived in for years.

I do not fear failure, I learn from it. Nothing in this new life is scarier than where I have been.

Thanks for being there guys.

Lets head out! A fabulous journey awaits!

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage"

Best of luck!  30day challenges are compelling, but you really do have to stick to it or motivation will run out around week 3...  What were your challenge goals?  And what are your goals for this new journey?

• Like 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote

You are not your former patterns of behavior. You are what you do now. Nerd up and finish strong!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I have five challenges for this thirty day challenge. 1. is to visit NF every day, build community 2. Walk, spelled out, when and how.

3.I listen to lectures every day ( positive psychology), 4. Work (volunteer job) 5, and five  practice my ukulele 1/2 hour a day.

Also I have been doing the recruit beginning workout, I can do two sets.

Also thinking about the six week challenge coming up, goals will be more to do with food, meditation, strength.

I have been eating paleo, but I find it very challenging due to emotional eating.

• Like 1

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage"

That sounds great!  One of my goals is to visit NF more as well.  :)  I'm also trying to eat paleo, too, but definitely have bored eating/binging issues.  I'm hoping NF will keep me accountable!  

For some of your goals, it may help to have a stretch goal - like, learn to play [this challenging song] on the ukelele.  Something that software development has taught me is to always have a product at the end of your "sprint", even if it's not the final product.  If you practice for 1/2 an hour every day but don't have focus, you may get to the end still feeling like you haven't accomplished anything.  /unsolicited advice

• Like 2

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote