Forums are back in action! ×

Murasa, reporting for duty! o7

Ola!

I've been a big fan of NF for a while now, been reading this blog for about a year on and off. It's just recently (more like a week ago) that I've decided to get my butt moving in gear and put myself more into change. No more excuses! Hoo-ah!

So here's a bit about me:

I'm 24, and pretty small (5'2"). I hail from Winnipeg, MB, Canada and I'm proud to be serving in the navy reserves. I am also an aspiring computer engineer. I used to do a lot of things back in high school like join every single sports team, but for some reason I couldn't get the drive to really push. Zoom into university, I got a bit lazier as I put school into priority. I found myself with a belly that seemed to not disappear. I've been fighting with that recently, so now I've decided to get myself into doing that. I've done kendo in the past and I would like to go back again but time and money... (Well, it's more like my lab schedule would clash, but maybe I can make it work). My latest interest is weightlifting; I'm enjoying it a lot lately. I want to get stronger! I found myself deadlifting 100lbs today; I was there last time when I lifted before I had to stop due to school.

I've been following the New Rules of Lifting for Women before, but I realized that I'm not pushing enough in order to get the strength I want, so I started on Starting Strength today. I'll definitely come back and start asking a lot of questions on form and all. I've also "mostly" started following a paleo diet, just on Monday. Mostly meaning I'm currently posted on base and since I can't cook my own food in my quarters, I'm resorted to eat from the galley. It's a challenge, but I've found it a lot easier to pick and choose what I want to eat based on what was given to me. I'm also saving money! :D Today I realized that the dressing they were using were all store bought so that wasn't good. I had to resort to mixing Frank's Hot Sauce and mustard for vinegrette. It's actually pretty good; I've seen it from a vegan friend who was slathering the stuff all over her salad.

I love video games and anime. My favorite game is Payday 2, gotta love robbing banks... Heh. I also enjoy playing Magic the Gathering (Commander only, I can't stand playing Modern or Standard at the moment). If any of you got Steam, I'll be happy to add you; just PM me for more info.

My hope is to eventually finish my Iron Man Mk43 suit in time for Halloween. I need to start sorting my priorities straight; I still have to finish buidling my resume for an internship I want so that comes first!

I'm currently posted at Esquimalt BC (part of Victoria), so if there's any Rebels here, I'm hoping to meet you some day! I'll leave you with some of my pictures I have since starting this month. I want to actually get rid of that belly there... It's kinda funny though, I still had that belly when I finished basic training, but I think it's more prominent and bigger now since four years ago. D: It's definitely my diet, so that's why I've decided to kick myself and change that.

Cheers. :D

post-40387-0-26698900-1433571959_thumb.p

post-40387-0-41346600-1433571982_thumb.p

• Like 1

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

Heya, another shortie checking in from the UK (also 5'2", yay)! It's great that you're starting your journey and you seem to have a plan set up already. ;) I'm a bit of a gamer too and play EDH/Commander MTG sometimes. Haven't ever played the Payday games, I'm more into RPGs (think Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age), add me on steam if you'd like, my username is Tea&Scones.

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

I'll add ya as soon as I can. I can only play a limited amount of games at the moment since I'm on a craptop right now. Lately it's been Skullgirls (fun fighting game :D) :(

I also play Team Fortress 2 and Planetside 2 on my spare time. I love RPGs, but I've never gotten far on Elder Scrolls though. I'm seriously in love with JRPGs though!

Maybe we can set up a Commander night sometime. I'll have to pull up my commander list for Cockatrice though.

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

Lol short people :P Ugh all the short people jokes I could crack.

Well, welcome :D 

Oh games! Hell yeah. I prefer the JRPG's as well, but mainly the Tactics versions, I find the turned based rpgs awesome. Hence I am the proud owner of a PSP and NDS. :D 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome