Forums are back in action! ×

Just sharing a LOTR quote today...

"Sam: It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

I was doing a marathon run of the 3 LOTR movies today (11 hours of screen time) and this came up. It gets me every time... Thought I'd share it with you all. :)

• Like 5

Thanks so much for sharing (even though this is an old post)! I love the LOTR trilogy; I've done a marathon too. One of the best quotes of the movie, but I hadn't realized until now how applicable it is to the NF Rebellion.

We do not show off, for we are the unseen. We are not motivated by aesthetics, but effectiveness. Our bodies are our weapons, not our trophies.

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.

I love this quote when I work on a layout page for a website I usually use this instead of the lorem ipsum. It is a good quote to remember. There have been many times this year when I felt like Frodo, in this scene, when he says all he can see is the ring of fire, and when he comes out of hiding to give the ring to the nazgul on that flying thing. (I know I'm not a good nerd, but I'm tired.)

No, Sam. I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass. I'm... naked in the dark, with nothing, no veil... between me... and the wheel of fire! I can see him... with my waking eyes!

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

I was doing a marathon run of the 3 LOTR movies today (11 hours of screen time) and this came up. It gets me every time... Thought I'd share it with you all. :)

So not the extended cuts?

Add a pushup for every instance of the word "ring".  A pullup for "Mordor".  Bodyweight squat for ... someone help me out here... "hobbit" maybe?  "precious"?

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.