Forums are back in action! ×

How I learned to…

…eat and appreciate salad in six easy steps.

Works best for a household of two.

1) Buy salad.

It can look like this:

12795353-more-freshly-green-head-salad.j

Or this:

feuille-de-chene-rouge.JPG

Or this:

034055FE_batavia_admiration_RZ.jpg

Honestly, it doesn't even matter if you do not like this type of salad.

2) At the moment of preparing mixing salad with other veggies, proteins, and dressing, realise that one salad head is enough to feed a family of six.

3) Further realise that if you do not finish it within the next three days, you will have to toss out half of it, because salads have the lifespan of a mayfly. (Even if you know tricks)

4) Proceed to eat salad for the next three days.  Optional: Become increasingly more creative with your salads and dressing, learn 10 000 different ways to make salad.

5) Vow to not buy salad ever again, or at least find a smaller salad head.

6) Forget all about steps 2-5. Feel like a salad again because you are being healthy and/or it's sweltering hot. Repeat from Step 1.

Works best paired with a small budget.

BONUS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO HARDCORE: Buy the next salad head before you even finished your first! Because this seemed like a good idea at the time. Proceed to eat only salad for a week.

In all seriousness, this is actually how I learned to appreciate salad and include it in my weekly diet – I used to actually never be able to finish those leafy greens whenever I bought one, and would avoid it at the dinner table.

Aside sharing a story of my own silliness and inability to learn in anticipation of Day 7 on salad today, I was wondering it anyone else had similar experiences with food, exercise, or even just lifestyle habits that are a result of a mistake, miscalculation, or similar?

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)