0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Don't put yourself down!

I actually think the pics are fairly similar, just lighting is different... and the posture as well. Okay, maybe you didn't lose weight, but it does not exactly look as if you gained some!

I'm just going through my wardrobe to find things that fit me, tops that were ok last week are too tight today. I'm just getting nowhere. I've got a 6fth rail, 2 3ft rails, a chest of drawers, 2 large storage boxes and 6 smaller ones full of clothes, barely anything fits me now.

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Seven, will you get away without operation? I mean removing of remnants of the cyst? A friend of mine had to have surgery to remove remnants of the cyst, because it impaired the range of movement in her knee. After that she recovered quickly and now she is totally fine.

Hopefully surgery will not be necessary, and if I keep moving I won't seize up too bad. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I'm just going through my wardrobe to find things that fit me, tops that were ok last week are too tight today. I'm just getting nowhere. I've got a 6fth rail, 2 3ft rails, a chest of drawers, 2 large storage boxes and 6 smaller ones full of clothes, barely anything fits me now.

Don't be discouraged - I read your update on the last challenge and it sounds like you made some good progress despite the challenges of the school summer holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Could it be just water retain, as in once a month we all face this more or less?

I so hope that the doctor's visit will shed some light on the situation! You respawned greatly in your challenge!

Your frustration with this part is very much understandable, though.

By the way: it sounds you have a lot of clothes in your closets... bit like me, I still have stuff from the Eighties. lol

In general, my closet holds three different sizes due to weight fluctuations. Right now I'm in the middle, but I highly recommend not to throw stuff out just because right now it does not fit. At least, don't throw out all of it.

Degree in Fashion and Textiles sounds awesome - now I know who to ask when I get hit by a sewing fit! :D And yes, that does happen a lot... 

Thank you for the decluttering links, I'll definitely check them out! I have places in my home that almost YELL at me "clean me up, declutter, just DO something."

Seven, I keep my fingers crossed for no operation!

Originalpiratematerial, I love the "Wyrd Sisters" !! We should keep it in mind as awesome title for a thread...

• Like 2

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

thank you for being encouraging you lovely people, I don't often throw clothes away though I did get rid of my size 10's last year, If I get that small again I'll be quite ill. I am currently size 16 and have clothes in sizes 12, 14 and 16. The smaller ones are stored in boxes in the cupboard. I have a lot of wrap dresses which fit most sizes but at the moment I'm just one big belly and I can't wear them.

I throw away crap clothes, old t-shirts etc, cheap stuff but keep the nice stuff in case I'll ever wear it again.

I don't have a time of the month any more, I'm on the pill and haven't bled for about 2 years so I really can't blame that.

I've had a cry. put away things that I could wear comfortably in January but that are too tight now and I've started to write down what I want to say to the Dr on Monday, it goes along the lines of:

I'm perimenopausal, very anxious, I have increasingly morbid thoughts, high blood pressure and little energy. I'm not depressed. I don't have hot or cold flushes when I'm on the combined pill.
I've been trying to lose weight to help with the blood pressure since January when I joined the gym but I'm getting nowhere. I'm wondering if my stress and anxiety (which I try to control as much as I can) have increased my cortisol levels so I can't lose weight and I wonder if treating the stress/high blood pressure would help.

I'd like a blood test to check my thyroid and cortisol levels and anything else you can think of and I'd like to go on the list for CBT to help with the stress and anxiety.

does that all make sense?

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Yes, it does make sense. Very much so. :)

Before Paleo, I was a size 16, too. My mother kept telling me I should throw away all my smaller clothes, because "women of this age don't ever lose weight." Ouch. But I proved her wrong. And so will you!!

I KNOW that we can lose weight! At the moment, my weight is stable, but there is still some reshaping going on, which I try to support with sports. That is, if I get around to it. But this will be part of the upcoming challenge!

I tend to keep clothes sometimes also as piece of fabric - I make occasionally clothes for my kids from fabric taken from old clothes that I don't like to wear anymore, but simply still like the fabric...

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

my boys don't like proper shoes either.  well, one does but the other two just exhaust me when it comes time to replace the shoes that have lost their soles and are just gross.  there'll be a battle this weekend as the school has informed me that one of my boys needs to have trainers for pe and not run in his combat boots...  sigh.  I dread that conversation.  he's going to be difficult.  I love shoes - always love getting a new pair.  as does my husband.  hard to understand what the problem is!

• Like 1

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

I have been chatting about it online in another forum and it is by no means unusual! Which sort of makes one feel a bit better!

Yeah, it is kind of an international problem. It's a common thing over here, too.

My girls love shoes, but try to convince them that their loved sandals aren't the thing to wear on rainy days. Those discussions in the mornings before school…sigh. 

• Like 2

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

I'm champing at the bit for Septembers Challenge to start :-) http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70519-scumspawns-third-challenge-sept-15/

Off to the dr in a bit, wish me luck!

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Dr update

She thinks I'm no longer fertile and safe to go on HRT - I think that getting pregnant at 48 would be a total disaster and as there is no way to actually test if I'm fertile or not I'd rather stay on the pill.

She has changed my very low dose combined pill to one with a different type of progesterone. Just in case the different progesterone is making me hold onto fat.

I'm having a blood test for everything and seeing someone about high blood pressure in a couple of weeks.

She thinks the weight gain (weight today was 11st 8 from 11st 5 earlier this year) is just what happens with aging.

She suggested the Mirena coil but said some people said it caused weight gain.

So not all great really, blood test is booked and I can't try out the new pill until this packet is over in 3 weeks - so more running hard to stand still it seems - which is what I'm doing with weight control.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Dr update

She thinks I'm no longer fertile and safe to go on HRT - I think that getting pregnant at 48 would be a total disaster and as there is no way to actually test if I'm fertile or not I'd rather stay on the pill.

She has changed my very low dose combined pill to one with a different type of progesterone. Just in case the different progesterone is making me hold onto fat.

I'm having a blood test for everything and seeing someone about high blood pressure in a couple of weeks.

She thinks the weight gain (weight today was 11st 8 from 11st 5 earlier this year) is just what happens with aging.

So not all great really, blood test is booked and I can't try out the new pill until this packet is over in 3 weeks - so more running hard to stand still it seems - which is what I'm doing with weight control.

She thinks the weight gain is just what happens with aging?!! Yes, it does get harder. But it isn't like some inevitable thing. I think I would be looking for a new a Dr.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Dr update

Concerning fertility … I considerd once to get my tubes tied, just to escape taking hormone pills. I ended up not getting it done, but around certain times my husband has to rely on that what latex industry provides. Getting pregnant at way over 40 is definitely not such a good idea.

Maybe the different progesterone will already do the trick! 

Personally, I do not believe that the weight gain is just something that happens with aging! I know enough examples in my surroundings that do not have this problem. I'm not talking about sports-obsessed only salad munching women, but about completely normal people.

The mirena coil thing is known over here, too. Mostly I hear women complain that it makes their periods so much more painful. Wouldn't want to have that. Or the weight gain.

In summary, I think it didn't go so bad! There are still the results of the blood test to see - and the other guy for the blood pressure. Assuming that the other one is a medical doctor, too, I would simply ask him all the same questions you asked the first one… can't hurt to have a little bit of input from more than one side!

Did you actually log your food on mfp or something of the sort? I do that (in the German fddb database), just to see whether I stay within my limits (carbs well under 40g) and to track at least some rough intake of vitamins/ minerals and so on. Sometimes, one is surprised if the numbers tell something different from what one was thinking. Like higher carb intake than intended, in my case. Though I usually notice (I retain water, if I go over 50g carbs/ day).

No matter what, next challenge we will break the neck of that damn weight demon!!! 

• Like 2

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO