Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I already posted my first challenge thread, but I thought I should post something here as well.

I'm Emma, from the UK, currently living in Birmingham. I am a gamer and a needleworker, I like to embroider and quilt.

I've joined NF to try and get some more info and encouragement regarding my fat loss journey. I have decided to get fitter primarily to help with my [as yet undiagnosed] joint and muscle pain. As I've grown stronger I've realised that I like being strong and having muscles (can't stop groping my own arms) and I hope one day to learn to use the free weights and start lifting properly.

• Like 3

Level 1 Adventurer

First Challenge: EveningEmma starts out

Crafting Blog: EveningEmma

Hi, I already posted my first challenge thread, but I thought I should post something here as well.

I'm Emma, from the UK, currently living in Birmingham. I am a gamer and a needleworker, I like to embroider and quilt.

I've joined NF to try and get some more info and encouragement regarding my fat loss journey. I have decided to get fitter primarily to help with my [as yet undiagnosed] joint and muscle pain. As I've grown stronger I've realised that I like being strong and having muscles (can't stop groping my own arms) and I hope one day to learn to use the free weights and start lifting properly.

I hear you on feeling up your own arms, I try not to do it around people, but having defined muscles is still pretty amazing to me. Keep appreciating your results and you're gonna make it.  Welcome to the rebellion.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the rebellion!

Being strong is awesome! There is tons of good info on the Nerd Fitness website for using weights.

Encouragement: I am not happy with where I am right now, but I am in love with my trendline. Only worry about comparing yourself to who you were yesterday. Small changes over time add up to big results much faster than you would have expected, so keep up the strengthenizing and love/grope them results :-)

Level 14 -- Yeti Ranger -- STR 30.25 | DEX 12.00 | STA 21.00 | CON 14.75 | WIS 18.00 | CHA 7.50

Current Challenge -- Previous Challenges -- My Epic Quest -- Album of Holding -- About Me

Hi Emma and welcome to NF?

I can assure you that losing weight does wonders for joint pain, indeed my journey started when a doctor said I may have arthretis (sp) in my foot, all gone now.

Good luck with your first challenge.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.