Forums are back in action! ×

What's your motivational song?

So training for a half marathon can get a little boring with the same music. I'm curious to see what song gets you pumped up to finish your workout? (hopefully I can get some new ideas to add to my ipod)

Mine would have to be: Johnny Foreigner - Salt, Peppa and Spinderella

At about 2:09 they get even faster and louder... makes me feel like I shouldn't stop running. Great to throw it on with that last quarter mile in site!

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!" - Barney Stinson

"I don't care who you are, how cool you seem to be, how old you are, what title you have, or how much money you make. When a child hands you a toy phone and says 'It's for you.' you damn well better pick it up and respond with 'Hello?'."

Life is a marathon, treat every day like it's a sprint

Guest guest4729

I don't have any music on my new iPod Touch yet so I don't listen to music while I work out right but right now one of those songs that gets me going and makes me feel like I should be moving around/jumping around is "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO. It makes me laugh, it gives me energy, I feel like running around and it gets my head bobbing. lol

Mine tend to depend on my moods. Last night at the gym it was all Nightwish. Most of the time it is trance or some other kind of EDM. I've been making my way through last years Top 1000 Trance songs.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

For running:

ch_query%3Dfuck%2Byou%26oq%3Dfuck%2Byou%26aq%3Df%2 6aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D41936l4287 9l0l43041l8l7l0l4l0l0l260l456l1.1.1l3l0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-SbwCHJ80

When badassery is required:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlMBcTGJ4YM

I only really listen to music when I'm working out. Some of these are nostalgic or kinda need context I guess... but they're some of my favorites.

As embarrassing as this is to admit, I.. I, an overweight, white, 29 and a half year old, have a playlist made of of almost entirely rap/hip-hop music for the sole purpose of running.

*hangs head*

And my songs that make me feel like kicking arse are - Lose Yourself by Eminem, Not Afraid by Eminem. (And this is where I admit I've been an Eminem Fangirl for quite a long time) and also Push It by Garbage (happy sigh, easier to admit that one) I get an extra spring in my step when Jai Ho by The Pussycat Dolls comes on.

AWESOME! Keep 'em coming, I feel like my xmas weekend is going to be filled with lots of youtube to mp3 sites. I'm real excited now.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!" - Barney Stinson

"I don't care who you are, how cool you seem to be, how old you are, what title you have, or how much money you make. When a child hands you a toy phone and says 'It's for you.' you damn well better pick it up and respond with 'Hello?'."

Life is a marathon, treat every day like it's a sprint

My favorites:

E.S. Posthumus - Arise

Propellerheads - Crash

George Thorogood - I really like girls

Poison - Fallen Angel

Poison - Nothing but a good time

Def Leppard - Pour some sugar on me

Jimmy eat world - In the middle

Lou Bega - Baby keep Smiling

E.S. Posthumus Manju

Wallflowers - Heroes

And many more. Posted Image

Oh - and "Hungry eyes" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack

Seriously 8[

If I work out with music, I'm usually just listening to either my industrial or synthpop pandora stations. /shrug.

However, I find that this song will really get me moving:

Now.... if I need motivation to stab people, I'll listen to dubstep (seriously the only kind of music that really does make me want to pick up sharp objects and stab the source of the pain).

Old Battle Log

As embarrassing as this is to admit, I.. I, an overweight, white, 29 and a half year old, have a playlist made of of almost entirely rap/hip-hop music for the sole purpose of running.

*hangs head*

And my songs that make me feel like kicking arse are - Lose Yourself by Eminem, Not Afraid by Eminem. (And this is where I admit I've been an Eminem Fangirl for quite a long time) and also Push It by Garbage (happy sigh, easier to admit that one) I get an extra spring in my step when Jai Ho by The Pussycat Dolls comes on.

You forgot Shake That. That's the best.

And I am pretty certain our playlists look very similar.

Paranoid by Ozzy ramps me up. I can't play it too often or it loses it's power.

Song starts at 1:46. No video, just audio. I was at this show, it was my second concert (first was Aerosmith Rock in a Hard Place tour).

When I was a runner guy, Run DMC's Raising Hell was in heavy rotation in the walkman. The beats set just the right pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8DsUN6g_k

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log