Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

My mother recently emailed me one of Steve's posts and now I am HOOKED. For years I thought cardio was the true way to lose weight, and always dreaded working out because I am not very athletic and never had a coach in high school to push me. But this whole idea of 45min workouts 3-4 times a week really caught my attention! After work, I find myself reading article after article on this sight and it has really gotten me motivated, so props to you Steve!

SO. I'm overwhelmed (in a good way) and really can't wait to start!

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall and am SUPER worried about gaining the famous freshmen 15. Now, although I am not considered overweight (5''3' 130lbs) I have gained just under 15lbs in my 4 years of high school. I know I will be overwhelmed enough as a college student so I want to keep my workouts sweet and simple. With clothes on, I am confident in my skin (for the most part) but let's face it: I would LOVE to look great naked...which means FLAT STOMACH AND NICE GLUTES. Do you think if I do Steve's BBWW and on off days do HIIT I could achieve these goals maybe one at a time?

I am very conscious of what I eat on a daily basis, and for the most part I keep it clean... although ice cream is my downfall. I have a huge sweet tooth for it and am SICK and TIRED of feeling guilty when I do eat it.

My other main downfall is getting bored with my workout routines and I'm really hoping this site motivates me to stay on track. I'm a young adult and it's important to me to stay HEALTHY and still enjoy myself and feel comfy in my own skin.

WELL. Now that I have written a small novel to you guys, I'm really hoping you guys have some suggestions/opinions/motivation. Any kind of feedback will be greatly apprecitated!

Thanks so much for reading! :redface-new:

EllieSilver

• Like 2

Welcome to the Rebellion EllieSilver! 

I have found that if I allow myself to eat certain foods in moderation (my trigger food is fresh bread and anything chocolate) then I don't see that food as a ''danger zone'' but more of a treat that I can have once in a while. It makes it easier in my opinion if I tell myself that I can have it then if I completely make it forbidden? But that's just me. :P 

When you get to college, try to find a schedule for your workouts that works for you. So if you have more energy in the morning, workout in the morning. If you are a night owl, then workout at night. You will find automatically that it's easier and more enjoyable, also this community will definitely be here to support you when you need it so that's also awesome!

:D

• Like 1

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

Welcome to the rebellion. The workouts you described will help you achieve your goals if you are careful about what you eat. Eat clean and workout regularly and you'll get there.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I was in your shoes starting college and fell on and off the workout wagon because I couldn't keep myself motivated. I'm going to tell you what I wish I could go back in time and tell myself when I started college: find something physical you find fun or inspiring and work towards it. I didn't find mine until my mid twenties and am desperately trying to make up for lost time. 

So explore and find something to pour your all into!!!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both