Forums are back in action! ×

"Through the darkness of future's past..."

Completely new to this forum and have much  to binge-read.  I've loved the site so far.  

I've always been very active, but mostly involved with (steady state) cardio, yoga, or pilates.  I am working more on strength training but have a very hard time.  Most of my reservations stem from being incredibly neurotic about form and fear of injury.  Hopefully, in the next few months, I'll see some gains there.  

Thank you to those who run and contribute to this site.  I look forward to reading more and posting.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion! I am a pilates addict and a yoga practionner too, so I hope we get to know each other more through the site! 

As for your fear of injury, I totally understand that- after injuring myself once I became very scared of going back to strength training but a proper warm-up and being careful when you do the poses (making sure you have proper form) really is the key!

I hope you'll enjoy the forum :D

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" ;)

Sorry to hear about your injury. Mercifully, you recovered. Thanks for the welcome. Nice to see another yogi.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I lo-ve Majora's Mask so I'm having a fangirling moment right now, please excuse me, haha. 

I've been lucky and the injuries weren't severe but it still teaches you the limits of the body (in my case lack of a warm-up before a very intense workout, but anyway) How long have you been doing yoga and pilates? :) What kind of strength training are you hoping to do?

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

I have been doing yoga for about fifteen years, trying different types.  (I don't count when I tried it at the YMCA in junior high and regarded it as hippie nonsense. ;-)) And pilates has been on and off for about 8 years.  Mostly mat pilates with some tower classes.  Yourself?

With strength training, I would like to become proficient in bodyweight exercises.  I travel for work sometimes and don't like being at the mercy of the weight/machine assortment at hotel gyms.  

Hello!

For now, I would like to be able to do an unassisted pull-up (I'd love more, but just one would be a huge milestone for me). 

There is a MMA class I want to do regularly but my lack of arm strength really limits me in the class, so I'd like to train to work up to being able to keep up there.  

I would also like to be able to do forearm scorpion pose.