Forums are back in action! ×

Results after 2 years of training with Nerd Fitness!

In the summer of 2013, I had never been strong enough to do a single pull-up, and had never visited a weights gym. Then I joined Nerd Fitness, started gymnastics, weightlifting and other strength training, and thanks to the inspiration in this forum, the improvements have been enormous :)

This summer, I set myself the goal of creating a compilation video of the training I've been doing recently, and I'm pleased to say it's finally finished :) Includes gymnastics rings, somersaults, muscle-ups, handstands, pistol squats, hopak dancing, slacklining and various other things. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 4

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Impressive video. I want to be at a fitness level comparable to what you showcased in that compilation someday, which is why I'm here. Will I be able to do it in 2 years? Who knows, but I'll sure as hell try. Looks like I just got a new long term goal for myself. July 27th (start of my first challenge here) 2017, I'm coming for you.

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

Such a cool video! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS! I see you jumping over that stick too, was that something recent for you to practice? Inspired by Godnattish? That backbend on the rings looks super graceful btw! And slacklining omg another of those things I need to do so much more often. The weather is good today, I might have to do it this afternoon :D 

It is crazy to imagine you not being able to do a single pullup. It's also crazy inspirational, because I can't do that either, and you just show how much is possible <3 

• Like 1

Impressive video. I want to be at a fitness level comparable to what you showcased in that compilation someday, which is why I'm here. Will I be able to do it in 2 years? Who knows, but I'll sure as hell try. Looks like I just got a new long term goal for myself. July 27th (start of my first challenge here) 2017, I'm coming for you.

Thanks Fatal :) I can't guess what you'll manage in 2 years' time, but keep pushing yourself, identifying weak spots to accept and work on, and you'll have plenty of successes. Most probably you'll achieve some things you wanted, fail some others, and achive others that you haven't even considered but will discover while you are experimenting. Good luck :)

Such a cool video! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS! I see you jumping over that stick too, was that something recent for you to practice? Inspired by Godnattish? That backbend on the rings looks super graceful btw! And slacklining omg another of those things I need to do so much more often. The weather is good today, I might have to do it this afternoon :D 

It is crazy to imagine you not being able to do a single pullup. It's also crazy inspirational, because I can't do that either, and you just show how much is possible <3

Thanks Lilith :) - and yes - I hadn't thought of the stick jump until Godnattish started working on it! He seems to have disappeared though these days... hope everything's okay....

The back bend on the rings ("bird's nest") is probably the easiest thing in the video - funny how sometimes the most difficult things and the most impressive things are not the same! And definitely go slacklining again... see how much of your original skill is lurking away somewhere :P

It's odd, I can't imagine anymore what it was like to not be able to do a single pull-up... I wonder what things I can't do now that I will one day be unable to remember being unable to do...

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

I think he's okay, he's in the alpha posse of GMB, and he already said before that he posts there more, and gets more specific feedback there on his stuff too. Haha there were many more impressive things in the video! But I always love the look of any form of backbends :P 

• Like 1