Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel, taking things in hand to be the master of my Destiny !!!

Everybody is here to accomplish greatness. No exception.

Being a fan of epic stories teaches you that. Even the most insignificant farmer on the most isolated planet can end up putting his mark on the Universe.

I grew up with that in mind, feeding my brain with the adventures of other people -fictional or not. Feeding my hopes of brighter futures on other people's potential. And I kind of made it my path in life : helping people express their potential, find strength, find goals, believe in themselves, go on the path of empowerment...

No wonder I ended up living in a developing country, working with rural communities in forgotten places, where hope has been replaced by resignation and acceptance of an insecurity so deeply rooted in the day to day life that it has become the only normality anyone can think of.

I love opening horizons. I love my job. Not just because it is actually useful to other people, but also because I know it is what i'm good at, and it fits my skills and personality pretty well (patience, diplomacy, adaptability, curiosity toward differences, problem solving abilities, volunteer fiber...).

But...

There is a flaw in this story of mine.

While looking at other people's potential, I kinda succeeded in not really looking at mine.

I have been good at what I did because I had to be good for the sake of others...

It can work for a while, pretty comfortably actually, specially when it allows you not to put any effort in things that are not work-related, such as a body you've been neglecting for not being your best ally since puberty, or fragile social skills you inherited from a lifelong timidity and that your work didn't require.

So. After this pretty long introduction to my... introduction...

Hi !

I'm a 29 year old French Volunteer (explaining some language approximations) living in Madagascar (explaining the developing country thing), still able to do some nerdy things in my lovely countryside (explaining why i'm here).

And as schizophreniac as it may sound, today I am rebelling against myself !!

Yup, that sounds like a crappy Main quest...

Let's just say I'm starting to feel the impacts of my carelessness, and if I have for now been allowed to neglect myself whilst focusing on my work, the years are passing with less and less indulgence. Oh, i'm still young ! I'm actually kind of a (6'1" tall) small child, but when you don't take care of your body, nor your mind at some extend, impacts come fast.

And it sucks !

Hey, I do love life, I love my adventures so far, my freedom, my battles, my family and friends, my books, my cats, my computer, and all the memories printed in my brain of beautiful foreign landscapes (fictional or not).

And I kind of want to enjoy it as long as I can - I'm no elf.

And in order to do that, I have to embrace a new path. I have to focus on cultivating a potential I have been neglecting so far, despite all good reason : mine.

Looking at it that way, it actually sounds fun... How far can I go ? What are my limits ? Are they real ? Or are they just barriers that I built through the ages to minimize my discomfort and risks encountered ?

That looks like an interesting adventure. And the possible benefits actually have the potential to bring me further than I ever imagined.

I'm good at my work. My self-depreciating highly-trained skill still allows me to face that fact. But if I unlock the barrier of an easily tired body, a sometimes clouded mind by sleeping time management failure, a tendency to not dare due to longtime shyness, and the lack of faith in my own willpower... What can I accomplish ?

This is actually an exhilarating thought. A Terra Incognita I am the first and only possible explorer to go to - only I can set my footprint there, plant my flag and seek new knowledge.

Ooooh, I like that :)

Erm, yeah, actually this message was suppose to be the simplest "Hi !" possible, but when I write, my thoughts are often taking over and I end up saying things I had never put words on.

Which is why i should keep on writing, such as everybody who works that way should. Even if nobody else really cares nor read - the impact on self can be limitless.

For those of you who kept reading though, know that I also can write short and synthesized things. Look !

Glad to be here with you !

Glad I found people to level up with !

This is only the beginning !

Yay !!

So, to conclude what could have been a reasonably-lengthened introduction message, i'll just say this :

Erm...

Dunno what to say anymore actually.

I guess "Bye !" will do. 

And I cannot wait to discover new kinds of fun while exploring this new path with you all !

For the Rebellion !!!!

-Skipoon-

lvl 0 Adventurer

Human Earthling on the path to Wisdom (hopefully...)

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

First Challenge on its way !

Welcome! Glad to have you! Good luck on your journey! (I'm not a writer)

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...