Forums are back in action! ×

Vorhees unstoppable

So I would like to say that I'm a new member.  But I used to be a member some months ago.  I was losing weight, and things were going well. Then I lost my job.  Things went downhill from there.  I stopped running due to depression.  I was on a quasi-paleo diet that was going  great for me.  But with being poor and unemployed I had to eat whatever I got my hands on.  Unfortunately carbs are very cheap.  I was just about to dip under 200lbs.  But now I've gone up to nearly 250lbs.  Other things also took a dive, like taking care of myself and my living space.

I have a job now.  But I've called off too many times.  Other times when I said that I would work overtime, I chumped out.  I'm good at making excuses.  I have no accountability.  That's why I'm here.  So here's what I need to do:

1- Go to work.  Don't call off, don't go home early.  I need to get my car payed off.  If I keep up my current lack of responsibility I could be fired.  Then I'm back to square one again.  I need to work overtime.  If I do I can get my car payed off a few months early.  I can then use those extra funds to put towards my fitness goals.

2- Eat better.  This is a little hard at current with the above financial restrictions.  But I'm going to try to eat as few carbs as I can afford to before getting my car paid off. 

3- Take care of myself.  See that I'm showered, shaved, and have clean clothes.  Keep my living space cleaned.  When my living space is clean, I feel better about myself, and it will help the other aspects of my life.

4- Run.  Getting cardio is going to be important to reversing the weight gain trend I've been on.  But I am going to be working a buttload of overtime for a while, so I'm already cutting into my sleep to do that.  So I don't have a lot of time to put into that.  But I'm through making excuses.  So even if I have to start with 10 minutes on the treadmill until I have extra time, so be it.

A battle journal is soon to follow.

Good luck getting back on track! We're here for you if you need encouragement!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...