Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the UK!

I've been fairly sporty since my teenage years ( I fenced at quite a decent level), but working in an office environment combined with a bad diet ( chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate!) for the last 15 or so years has led me to be a lot heavier than I should be. While on holiday in June this year I came to realise I did not like my body the way it is and that I needed to make changes; both to my diet and to the amount of exercise I do. I also realise that I was on the path to creating some serious health problems for myself.

I joined the academy a few weeks ago after reading some posts on the NF blog and I've been lurking round this forum for a while now so thought I would give a 6 week challenge a go to make further progress with my main quest.

My main quest is to lose 50lbs from a starting weight of 259lbs @ 5'8" In June. I cleaned up my diet by eating a paleo diet and started a C25k program to get moving again and I've already lost 28lbs.  But my weight loss has recently stalled and want to keep my focus on slowly losing the rest of the weight I want to lose. So I've decided to join the forum and give the 6 week challenges a go.

• Like 1

Level 0 - Barely Human Recruit
First Challenge

Main Quest: - Lose 50lbs by 31/05/2016:

60%
60%

6 week challenge #1 -

Quest 1 :Continue with C25K program at least 3 times a week. 5/18 sessions

27.7%
27.7%

Quest 2:Continue with Stronglifts 5x5 program at least 3 times a week. 8/18 sessions

44.4%
44.4%

Quest 3:To eat Paleo 5 days out of 7 on each of the next 6 weeks. 2/30 days

6.66%
6.66%

Good luck in your first challenge! I'm so nervous for mine and I don't know why! I guess I just want to do well

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...