Forums are back in action! ×

Here's to a better tomorrow.

I found this website 3ish years ago when I first became interested in eating healthier and exercising more. However, I never made a real commitment to living a healthier lifestyle. I would always do well for a little bit and then fall into my fits of laziness and temptation. I have always been on the smaller side but I’m always interested in bettering myself. My main focus is to feel better physically and mentally. To me exercising and eating better isn’t about losing weight. It is about me wanting to feel energized, strong, and confident.

I have a lot on my plate right now so thinking about changing the way I eat and exercise can be overwhelming. I am a first semester nursing student with 2 per diem CNA jobs. Doing well in school and becoming a nurse is my number one priority. I work so I have money for food. I live with family but supply my own food. When I’m with my boyfriend, I have to cook vegetarian meals. I often run out of ideas and always go with what’s easy- pasta or take out. I want to be able to cook healthier food my boyfriend can both eat. I’ve gained ten pounds over the last two months and thinking about fast food and take out makes me want to hurl. I feel like stuffing a whole bunch of vegetables in my mouth when I’m hungry because that’s all I really want.

However, finding time to do everything I want to do in a day feels almost impossible. I’m always tired. I take multiple naps, which causes me to do most of my work later at night. In result I end up sleeping really late but have to get up early for school or work. I want to be stronger so turning, lifting, and transferring patients isn’t as hard. I also want to protect my back! So as you can see there is a lot of things I want to change and work on. Today is a good day to start. Here’s to persisting ‘til I am where I want to be. 

Since you've been here before, I'm sure you've seen by now that Steve suggests making small changes and sticking with it, building good habits and not kicking yourself for slipping up. You can do it! Check back in any time you need encouragement!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...