Forums are back in action! ×

Hello there,

This place looks interesting, and I'd like to join! Also, so much stuff, I've been reading all morning!

Soo, about me:

I'm a student (PhD by now), so sitting around alot during the day, but started (sloowly) improving my lifestyle over the course of the last few years. When I was young, I was always the most unfit and slowest one in the class and somehow assumed I couldn't be any better. Compared to that, I'm now in a pretty good shape, but there's still a LOT of room for improvement (aka, I think I finally reached average XD).

I'd like to join the assassins, seeing how I'm fascinated by defying gravity and physics' laws in general. The things I enjoy are:

• Hanggliding! That's what got me into exercise in the first place a few years back, it needs some strength and endurance to carry a 20 kg set of wings. And I finally got my license this summer :D
  • Running. Two and a half years ago, I ran 10k in 53 minutes, but shortly after injured my foot (High heels. Never again.) and couldn't run at all, and now I'm finally able to start over. (And I have no clue how I managed that time back then.)
  • Aikido. It's just freaking fascinating!
  • And, well, last week some friends took me climbing and I loved that, too. Always had a certain desire to climb on things, but where i lived before proper climbing classes were really expensive. At my campus now it's free >D Definitely gonna pursue that!
  • Cycling, hiking, and all the other stuff that lets me see places ^^

Hm, and what I'd like to work on - I want to work my way back to 10k in under an hour (ideally 50 mins), lose some more fat (With 62.5 kg at 170 cm I'm well where I'm supposed to be, but my belly and thighs are still all flabby, hopefully more exercise can fix that), fix my posture (I keep hunching over, and have zero core power), and turn my spaghetti arms into something I can climb with... I hope I'm not onto too many things at once here.

Oups this got longer than planned, well, looking forward to being here! :)

• Like 3

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1