Forums are back in action! ×

New dawn for Newspire

Hi! My epic quest is to drop 120 lbs in the next 15 months. For the last 25 years I've slowly gained a few pounds every year and I'm sick of living like this. A couple of months ago I went to the company quack shack because I couldn't get in to see my regular doctor. While there I asked the doc what she thought I could do about my weight because nothing I've done or what other doctors have suggested has worked. She urged me to see the company nutritionist rather than hitting the gym. What a job, trying to convince engineers to eat healthy. 

The nutritionist basically said to log everything single thing I eat on the app of my choice and to change my diet in a very specific way. You know those three section plates? She said turn it upside down. Instead of putting the meat in the big section, put it in a small section. Put carbs/bread in the other small section and vegetables/fruit in the large section. Try to do this for every meal. Finally something concrete and measurable. Not just "eat less." 

Since then I've been learning to work more and more vegetables into my diet. I've been walking at least a mile every day and I've just started doing the Beginners Body Weight Workout. I lost 8 pounds at the one month mark. 

Looking forward to my first Six Week Challenge!

Level Up,

Newspire

• Like 1

Newspire

Class: Ranger

Challenges: First