Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! From A Friendly BubbleNinja!

Hello!

I'm TheBubbleNinja (Or sometimes Cassie), I'm 24 years old and trying to change my life.

I've never been fully happy with my life and I know it's because of my weight and how it can affect me in the future.  I've never lived a fully healthy lifestyle but over the past couple years I've been making small changes.

Two years ago I cold turkey stopped drinking pop, earlier this year after lurking the website I tried not eating bread.  I haven't been fully successful there but I am trying.

I know a big part of what I need to start doing is continuing to slowly change over to a healthy diet and exercise a lot more. To kick start that I am going to a Yoga Fitness class at my local gym with my best friend for the first time on Wednesday.  It's the day she has free so that's why it's Wednesday.

I'm currently torn between two classes that both happen on Monday and I really want to go but I know I can't physically do both.  I'll put what they are at the end of the post.  There's one other point I need to get out because it's a large portion of my issue and any guidance anyone can give me if they are in a similar position is welcomed.

Okay so, the issue I'm having is creating a routine.  It's damn impossible with my job to have a stable routine.  I currently freelance in Master Control at a TV station.  My shifts can be any combination of the following: 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am, 7am-7pm, or 7pm-7am.  I also live 2 hours away from where I work so my days can feel excruciatingly long.  With all this going on during the week (and weekends) I haven't figured out the proper way to maintain a solid schedule.  Or even a flexible one that still allows me to get enough sleep each night so I can not kill myself on the drive.

So uh yea. I'm really not trying to make excuses but I do understand how it sounds exactly like one.  So if there's anyone that can help me or just help me brainstorm a way to handle this. 

The Classes In Question:

Strength or Express Strength These classes provide overall body toning and conditioning using free weights, stability balls and other fitness equipment, with emphasis on muscular strength and endurance, postural awareness and stretching. 

Group Power® is now in all YMCA Membership Centres! 
Group Power® is a weight training class that blasts your muscles with high-rep training. The class uses an adjustable barbell, weight plates and body weight. It combines squats, lunges, presses and curls with functional integrated exercises. Dynamic music and a motivating group atmosphere will get your heart rate up, make you sweat, and push you to a personal best! 

So um yea, nice to meet you all and I hope to make some great friends during my stay here!  Sorry long post is long.
  • Like 1

Hey there! Sorry I don't really have any suggestions for your crazy schedule, but I recall someone on the board who owns their own business who fits it in while she's at work. Some squats here, some calf raises there. Something is better than nothing!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Well, as far as scheduling goes, mine can fluctuate as well, abeit not as much as yours. For me, I usually get off work, eat a meal (usually dinner), let it digest for 30min, and then workout. Don't feel you need to conform to typical workout times, I'm often starting a workout at 8pm. If course if working out affects your sleep, you will have to adjust.

I enjoy bodyweight exercises, especially since most of these can be done outside a gym, thus you can get a workout in at home or outside your house. As far as what exercise to do between the two you mentioned, I would choose which one sounds like more fun to you.

For bodyweight exercises, I started with the beginner one on this website, then eventually followed the workout plan and progressions of startbodyweight.com.