Forums are back in action! ×

well, its official.

quitting sugar is harder than quitting cigarettes.

i'm cranky as (insert words i shouldnt be using as a mod)

SOMEONE PLEASE GO GET ME A CANDY BAR.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

350 :)

(sorry, the numbers just too pretty to not write.)

the thing is, i dont even normally EAT candy bars.

i just want sugar.

lots and lots and lots of sugar.

hell, i'd take an apple at this point (i'm doing all meat and under 50g of carbs)

so im going through sugar withdrawl AND carb flu.

jklgdjklbfdjkldfgsjklbfjklfdbjlkbfdljkfdgljkahrge

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Refined sugar? Didn't you give that up when you went paleo?

As for smoking, I can't help, although I was addicted to nicotine. I can tell you it was 3 August 2001 when I last enjoyed Copenhagen. More than a decade later, I still have nic fits on occasion. I have not given in because I know I would be back to it in a heartbeat.

Mind over matter, although since I haven't gotten rid of diet cola yet, I am not in a good position to be preaching.

I just went through this the last two days after giving up all sugar, all bread, all pasta, all everything delicious that I have loved forever. It was brutal for a few days, but I'm over it today. Energy came back, too. Thank god.

I might try cutting my carbs to below 50g once I am finished with a Paleo challenge at my gym. Good luck, sugar is a hell of a drug!

"Receive without conceit, release without struggle." ---Marcus Aurelius

Refined sugar? Didn't you give that up when you went paleo?

As for smoking, I can't help, although I was addicted to nicotine. I can tell you it was 3 August 2001 when I last enjoyed Copenhagen. More than a decade later, I still have nic fits on occasion. I have not given in because I know I would be back to it in a heartbeat.

Mind over matter, although since I haven't gotten rid of diet cola yet, I am not in a good position to be preaching.

Oh, I already quit smoking, a long time ago.

I'm just saying this is harder!

I'm giving up ALL sugar, except for 1tbsp of honey before my workout and a few dates to get some fiber.

Also giving up all carbs other than what's listed above.

Other than that, I'm just eating meat.

Seriously.

Today I've had:

8oz salmon

12oz bacon

15oz chicken

20 shrimp

10 dates

protein shake

ive pretty much eaten something similar for the past week (only a few days there i had like 1 apple a day)

If mine were 350, I'd write it too! (well done :) ) You proove my point though, if you can do that, what's a sugar craving got on you? Nothing!

Go do something to take your mind off it, something that requires focus. Your mind is thinking "sugar! sugar! sugar! sugar!". It needs something else to think of.

yup. so instead im just being cranky at everyone and everything :)

ahjdgkldjkldsvjkladsjkldgsjkl

Just to clarify on ketogenic, it stops being ketogenic after you've been lo-carbing it for a couple weeks. The body adapts and starts using FFA for most of it's energy production. Only about 75g of ketones continue to be produced in order to fuel your brain.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I'm giving up ALL sugar, except for 1tbsp of honey before my workout and a few dates to get some fiber.

Also giving up all carbs other than what's listed above.

To what end? Not permanently, correct?

Someone has been talking to me about reducing my carbs, which I don't think is too high right now. She keeps talking to me about keto sticks.

Today: 4 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, about 6 oz. of pulled pork, ~1# tri-tip, 1+ cup of butternut squash.

Some days I have more vegetables than this, but not too much. I would eat dates if I could limit them to 10 . . . but I wouldn't. Whenever I have dates, I eat them all until they're gone. Now I don't keep dates onhand. :)

reasoning is what supervitali said above - reduce bodyfat.

and no, its not permanent. though i won't go back to as much fruit and sugars as i had before.

Ugh, I can only imagine! I've never tried it and not sure if I ever want to. Probably should though.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I may have to push this full experiment out until the 23rd, which sucks because i don't want to lose the progress I've made having my body get used to it.

I definitely can't feel this way next week (competition)

Ugh.

Guest Snake McClain

SOMEONE PLEASE GO GET ME A CANDY BAR.

NO!

However i have to add that I'm not sure that I could even do this. I don't eat anything with sugar hardly ever but I sort of have a mental issue when someone says (or even I say), "Hey you can't have that." it makes me want to get it all the time and eat it. So...yeah I know it's tough but just hang in there. Grit your teeth, knuckle down (like a gorilla??) and just don't eat any. The cravings probably won't last forever.

Also...could you chew some gum? Like the sugar in the come will give the sweet taste kick to your mouth you would need probably to help you relax. If you don't have a problem "cheating" that way I would do that.

I've done it, it sucks for the first week, but it helped me lose about 20 lbs in 3 months last year (the only carb I ate was black beans). Gained it all back by being a pig and not working out, which is what got me here. I'd consider doing it again if my wife didn't love carbs so much in her dinners, but it's not worth the battle for me. So now I just try to keep them as low as possible during my day.

The cravings do get intense spezzy, be prepared. DO NOT GIVE IN! The few times I did it led to crazy binging on carbs for an hour and seriously questioning what the hell was wrong with my willpower after.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm going through similar at the moment. I'm giving Paleo a try in an effort to eat healthier after spending too long eating too much chocolate and other junk. I'm getting cravings once or twice a day when I just sit a think how nice it would be to have a chocolate bar or a packet of biscuits and it does seem to pass after a while but it's still hard to resist (especially when stressed from work). At the moment I'm just trying to force myself through with the mindset that if I keep this up for long enough it will hopefully just become routine and will get a lot easier