Forums are back in action! ×

How much water do you drink? (Does it matter?)

okay... all this talk of gallons and ozes is confusing. speak in METRIC people.... and Australians spell litre right too btw.

700ml bottle refilled 3 times a day for me. so. approx 2.1 litres for those not in the know.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I generally drink a little under a gallon a day. Its actually easier to drink it at work than to do it at home. I grabbed an old 2 litr soda bottle and have been using it for a while now. Probably should get something BPA free.

The only exception is when I fast, then it just doesn't appeal as much to me. I generally get half a gallon in on those days.

Or when i'm fasting for religious purposes (once a month) I don't eat or drink anything for 2-3 meals.

okay... all this talk of gallons and ozes is confusing. speak in METRIC people.... and Australians spell litre right too btw.

700ml bottle refilled 3 times a day for me. so. approx 2.1 litres for those not in the know.

In that case, I aim for 2.95735296 liters a day :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

You know it's extra confusing but I learnt things when reading about this. It all comes down to the US pint vs the UK pint. The US pint is 16 fluid ounces and the UK pint is 20. Both US and imperial gallons are 8 pints but the difference in pint definition makes the difference.

This is strange because in my experience the USA usually has bigger things than the rest of the world. It also explains why I always felt a little short changed when I bought a pint in the USA :) it also means the saying 'a pint's a pound the world around' should be extended to include the words 'except in the uk, where it's a pound and a quarter' :-p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You know it's extra confusing but I learnt things when reading about this. It all comes down to the US pint vs the UK pint. The US pint is 16 fluid ounces and the UK pint is 20. Both US and imperial gallons are 8 pints but the difference in pint definition makes the difference.

This is strange because in my experience the USA usually has bigger things than the rest of the world. It also explains why I always felt a little short changed when I bought a pint in the USA :) it also means the saying 'a pint's a pound the world around' should be extended to include the words 'except in the uk, where it's a pound and a quarter' :-p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

No wonder Guy Ritchie movies are so confusing.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

I am trying to drink more water these days and I am currently around 70oz (including cups of green tea once or twice a day). I have a Smart Water bottle that I just fill up twice a day. I do not drink any soda or juice at all, just water, tea and coffee. I try to do all my water drinking before 6pm or I am up peeing constantly at night.....such a b***h when you are trying to wake up before 6am the next day!

"Receive without conceit, release without struggle." ---Marcus Aurelius