Forums are back in action! ×

I am known by a lot of my friends as "Shorty", so I'll stick with that here. I'm a 22 year old, 120 pound gamer girl, and I've decided I'm tired of feeling like crap and like I can't do more than get up and walk a short distance from my couch.

I was recently pointed to Nerd Fitness by a fellow nerd, and reluctantly decided to check it out. I'm glad I did. After a few days I'm already feeling more motivated and into getting in shape than I have ever felt. I never considered turning fitness into a roleplaying game, or I might already be able to do half the things I want to.

I have always been thin, and have almost always been trying to gain a little weight. I graduated high school at 93 pounds, and remained around there through my two years at a technical college. Only once I took a job as a programmer have I started gaining weight. At first I was excited- I finally hit my weight goal! However, I went about this the wrong way. I feel miserable, I don't look as good as you'd expect a 120 pound young woman to look, and I can't even walk up a few flights of stairs without getting winded. Meanwhile, my 45 year old mother works night shift as a backroom stocker at a grocery store, lifting at least half my body weight at a time without issue.

I realized something had to change. On and off again I have tried to get active through various means: Walking a few blocks at lunch, WiiFit, and a considered membership to the activity center across from where I live. (That one didn't even take off- I really don't like gyms.) Walking and WiiFit were actually helping me feel healthier- Until I got unmotivated again and dropped them.

Here I am now, third try this year, and determined not to drop out or back off. I want to be more active, and I'm going to do it with the support of those around me, and most likely the support of other members here.

I'm determined to live up to my favorite quote by one of my story characters (I am a roleplayer and author as well.): "Love with all your heart. Live life to the fullest. Fight for what you believe in. And most importantly, regret nothing."

"Love with all your heart. Live life to the fullest. Fight for what you believe in. And most importantly, regret nothing. These guidelines, Shorty, will lead you on the path to a happy life." - Andrew Scorch, 23

"I want to be the very best, like no one ever was..." - Pokemon Kanto (First Gen) Theme

Though I take the moniker ShortyScorch here, I have yet to reach the level of the original. Let it be known my goal is to be the toughest ninja woman I can be, through hard work and determination.

Challenges: #1, Current

Level 2 Elf Assassin

STR: 5 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 3 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

My Character

ShortyScorch has an inspirational song: Childhood Dreams Come True!

(A Parody of Dark Side Of The Moon from Disney's Mulan)