Forums are back in action! ×

This is an Introduction

The adventure began at an early age with the fierce dream to be a Princess Ninja Lady Knight Who Rode Dragons And Had A Magic Sword, which lead to sword fighting with sticks in the backyard to LARPing and D&D and some solid introductions to nerd culture.

I've always really enjoyed athletics and don't like to back down from a challenge of strength, even when I lack the muscle strength to back up my words. I guess one of my first goals is to feel as strong as I act, and rechallenge the 6 year old that more than tippled my time in a wall sit this last summer.

I'm a student in college and was on the fencing team for a year and a half, but I'm looking to become more engaged in outdoor activities like rock climbing and parkour.

The first two habits I'm trying to change are my eating habits and how I spend my time. Until I was introduced to Nerd Fitness a few months ago my diet had mainly consisted of pasta, rice, and all things bread, and didn't change even as I was trying to gain weight after hitting the lowest bar of what was considered to be a medically healthy weight for my size. I've slowly been going Paleo over the last month and have cut out a lot of grain from my diet (or at least am mindful of when I do eat grains), but I still have a ways to go before ravenously devouring a cold tortilla is no longer a choice I make after not having eaten enough throughout the day. As for changing how I spend my time, as much as I enjoy movies and playing games, getting sucked into my screen is not a priority compared to studying for classes. If I've put in the work to shift my whole sleep schedule to make fitness a priority, I can make studying a priority too.

Which leads me to my big "why I'm doing this". I want to know that I am capable of change. That I am not controlled and chained by the habits that make me feel weak. So that as I gain a better picture of who I am and what I want to do with my life, I'll know that I have the strength to make what changes need to be made and to follow through with my goals.

February Challenge

Fighter of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Level 2 Assassin

Race: Elf

Class: Apex Warrior

[sTR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3 | CON: 4 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1 ]

Welcome to the boards! Here's to your first step in becoming a Healthy And Strong Princess Ninja Lady Knight Who Rides Dragons And Has A Magic Sword!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...