Forums are back in action! ×

Jormungand: Introduction

I've been familiar with Nerd Fitness for about a year now. I only very recently got into the Rebellion forums, and the only reason I did that was because I saw that there was a six week challenge starting soon. It sounded like a lot of fun, and I liked what I read from all of the rebels.

Quick intro: I'm a librarian in Indiana. I've been active with my fitness off and on for most of my life. This past January, my wife and I decided to make another push towards our fitness goals. We cut out fast food from our diet and have become much more regularly active with doing things like biking and weight lifting. Since then, I've lost about 30 pounds, and I'm down to just over 200 pounds. I haven't seen the bottom side of 200 for over a decade. This is something I aim to fix, and I've never been this close before. I ran a Tough Mudder earlier this year, and I got absolutely hooked. Since then, I've run a total of three obstacle course races, with several more already scheduled for next year. My goal is to run in the World's Toughest Mudder 2016, which is Tough Mudder's annual 24-hour endurance race. I've discovered a love of running, but I still enjoy doing all of the core weight lifting exercises that I first started during high school football.

I'll see you out there in the field.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

Welcome to the team, Jormungand! I think it's awesome you aim to participate in the World's Toughest Mudder. Seriously, that sounds hardcore. Good luck on the ongoing 6-week challenge. We're glad to have you!!

• Like 1

We do not show off, for we are the unseen. We are not motivated by aesthetics, but effectiveness. Our bodies are our weapons, not our trophies.

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.