Forums are back in action! ×

Fitness Superlatives!

Shamelessly taken from someone on another site. I thought it was fun and wanted to share. Maybe some of you awesome nerds can expand upon it, too!

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Overhead or Bench Press... even if they are some of my smallest numbers

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Barbell squat

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Barbell squat or deadlift

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Zumba for cardio

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Squats. They're my goat but when I break through a new number it's the most gratifying thing EVER.

Okay, YOUR TURN!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I like this idea.

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Squats and Deadlifts, because I can pick up large people now.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Pullups, even if it is only 1 or 2.

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Squats, because its something I know is a huge fundamental that others ignore.

Exercise I feel dumb doing: The elliptical, I will never move in that motion ever, so I don't do it.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Overhead Press, because I want so much to press my weight over my head but am struggling with less than half that weight.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Squat, Deadlift... anything involving more than three plates.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Dragon Flags, mofo

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Pull Ups, seriously. I suck at them, but they make me feel awesome.

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Cable Crunches and Incline Crunches. I haven't exactly figured out how to get onto the platform for the incline crunches without looking like a jackass yet.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Bench Press, numbers are no where near where I want them. But it feels good when they go up.

p.s. ETFnerd, "edit post"

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Squat, Deadlift... anything involving more than three plates.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Dragon Flags, mofo

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Pull Ups, seriously. I suck at them, but they make me feel awesome.

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Cable Crunches and Incline Crunches. I haven't exactly figured out how to get onto the platform for the incline crunches without looking like a jackass yet.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Bench Press, numbers are no where near where I want them. But it feels good when they go up.

p.s. ETFnerd, "edit post"

Dude, dragon flags? I bow to your awesomeness!

to add to ps: dude, answer the original, too! Sheesh :)

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Truth.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

ooo fun! reminds me of those books we used to pass around in middle school where you had a sticker that correlated to you and you wrote your answers to a question on each page next to your sticker. you know you all loved those things. ps: i don't do a ton of heavy lifting shite just yet so mine might be kinda different.

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: dumbell rows since i can use higher weights for that.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: assisted pullups. well, maybe i could but i never tried before.

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: dumbell press

Exercise I feel dumb doing: that one where your legs are on a ball and your hands are on the ground and you sorta crunch up by rolling the ball with your feet and tucking in your knees. i fell last time because the ball was too big.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: lunges. eff you, lunges!!!!!

alright, i think slow...

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: breaking stacks of concrete pavers, driving nails with the palm of my hand, two knuckle push ups on a concrete surface

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: wide grip pullups

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: treadmill shuffle

Exercise I feel dumb doing: martial arts forms

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: squat jumps up stairs

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Clean & jerks or snatches. Something about throwing weight over my head...

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Rope climbs or toes-to-bar

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Deadlifts!

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Box jumps. I feel like I swing my arms so much I probably look like an idiot.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Rowing.

ok, i'll play:

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: deadlift

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: snatch, l sit, pistol squat

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: all of them?

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Nothing. I feel awesome doing everything.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Rowing. Burpees.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Pullups. Overhead press. Bench. Any upper body thing, really, because for some reason I'm really good at them and usually women aren't.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Anything with free weights-- I didn't start lifting until April, so a year ago I was still doing 20min on the elliptical every day. (We had it in the house and it was better than nothing.)

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: I almost never go to the gym. But I took a dance class at the gym once and there was a lat pull-down machine that I'd use while I was waiting for the class to start. I'd do heavy sets of a few reps and it made me feel badass because I saw a guy using it later on and I used more weight than he did. (He probably did more reps though...)

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Nothing that I still do. But for things that I did once because they were part of a program, lateral flexion exercises. I did these for NRoLfW-- basically a side crunch where you lift your upper body and your top leg. Even holding a dumbbell behind my head to make it harder didn't help.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Squats. Most challenging for keeping good form whenever I add weight, and I'm having a harder time leveling up on these than on anything else, which I find baffling.

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Pushups. It is the most similar exercise to a punch. Being able to rep smoothly with good form pushups is an ingrained standard or strength for me.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Pullup, run a mile

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Hmm, I guess treadmill running. I haven't been in a gym in over a decade though.

Exercise I feel dumb doing: V Ups

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Squats, really dread because of how much they used to hurt.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Pullups. Overhead press. Bench. Any upper body thing, really, because for some reason I'm really good at them and usually women aren't.

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Anything with free weights-- I didn't start lifting until April, so a year ago I was still doing 20min on the elliptical every day. (We had it in the house and it was better than nothing.)

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: I almost never go to the gym. But I took a dance class at the gym once and there was a lat pull-down machine that I'd use while I was waiting for the class to start. I'd do heavy sets of a few reps and it made me feel badass because I saw a guy using it later on and I used more weight than he did. (He probably did more reps though...)

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Nothing that I still do. But for things that I did once because they were part of a program, lateral flexion exercises. I did these for NRoLfW-- basically a side crunch where you lift your upper body and your top leg. Even holding a dumbbell behind my head to make it harder didn't help.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Squats. Most challenging for keeping good form whenever I add weight, and I'm having a harder time leveling up on these than on anything else, which I find baffling.

Ohhh! I forgot about those stupid lateral flexions.. yeah I feel really fn stupid doing them. Not silly stupid, like zumba, but "I look like an asshole" stupid. hahaha

Exercise that makes me feel powerful: Pull-ups

Exercise I can do now I couldn't do a year ago: Pull-ups

Exercise that makes me feel like I belong at the gym: Don't know. I've never been.

Exercise I feel dumb doing: Lunges. I don't know what it is about them.

Exercise I simultaneously love and dread: Right now, assisted pistol squats. They take it out of me, but I know I will feel like a total badass when I can do them unassisted.