Forums are back in action! ×

I hurted my shoulder

i hurt my shoulder. if I raise my arm higher than shoulder height, my shoulder says, 'dont' fucking do that'.

I guess this will take a few days. i've pulled something... ?

Don't you just hate it when your body starts talking back to you. What were you doing when you injured it? Probably pulled a muscle or made a tendon angry.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Did the same thing a couple weeks ago when I took a nasty spill on my snowboard. It was certainly sore to raise my arm high, and hurt when I rolled over to sleep on that side. Took about a week or so for it to feel mostly back to normal, and last night was the first night I felt I could really get back to the bench. I tested mine everyday with stretching and massaging. With that said, I knew I didn't do any serious damage, so no doc for me. It was a "been there, done that" moment.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

don't laugh.

I completed the first of my 4 sets, 20 rep workout, it was horrifically hard, but perfectly awesome.

The next day, I was telling my co-worker to bitch slap his wife if she didn't make him dessert (totally joking). I made a 'bitch slap' gesture, and it didn't feel right at all. that evening, things went more wrong as that shoulder seized up. It doesn't hurt to touch, or to lie on, only to move.

I guess that's bitch slap karma for ya.

(I'm a girl btw. this would sound much worse coming from a boy).

Never let your fear decide your fate.

I'd try to work through it with a thorough warmup. I do heavy pullups and my left shoulder always feels stiff, but a warm up and some fwd and bwd arm swings loosen it up. If the pain continues to get worse, stop. I also stretch it a lot, but the warm up set usually is what relieves the pain and makes it functional again. Good luck and be careful in case it's more than just soreness.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I don't see a workout in my future tonight, unless I just do some ball crunches or some cardio. the stupid thing hurt to sleep on last night, and typing and using my mouse today totally sucks balls. I am super pissed about it.

-_-

next time i pretend to bitch slap anyone, I'm stretching first.

Never let your fear decide your fate.