Forums are back in action! ×

Too young to be feeling old!

Hello to everyone from the Netherlands!

I started NF about two weeks ago and am loving it. I can already feel the difference in my attitude towards change.

I'm taking it nice and slow this time and it feels great!

Anyway, the last few years have been very challenging. I've had to deal with some nasty stuff and it's taking a toll on me, physically but mostly mentally. I often feel like I'm balancing on a thin board over a pit to Hell and even the slightest push or change of wind can send me into the abyss.

I'm 26 years old, 5'9'' (I think... don't really do imperial here...) and 158lb. So not really overweight but about as fit as a sea urchin.

This result is so much going on physically. I just got diagnosed with a heat allergy (didn't even know it existed) and I feel like my body is failing me. If I take the time to think about it, I'm probably failing my body.

So it's time for a change. I can't change the hand I've been dealt but I can decide how I play it.

Most important for me is that I take control of the things I can change. I can decide what I eat, I can decide how active I am and, in many ways, I can influence how I feel about myself.

Goals:

- Be able to climb a 6c route.

- Keep a healthy eating style which involves:

- eating a healthy supper 6 days a week

- only eating junk food 2-3 times a month

- No liquid calories on a daily basis (already been able to do this for 2 weeks now!)

- wake up early every morning

Hopefully NF is going to be the place where my transformation can begin!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Hi!!!

Heat allergy??? What are the symptoms?

Basically any time my body temp rises (working out, walking too fast, hot/warm shower, blushing, etc.) it feels like thousands of needlea are being stabbed into my skin. And that feeling remains intill my body temp drops. It started off being mildly irritating but has progressed to being quite painful in about two months. That's it, some people get a red rash that status for a few hours, so really I'm lucky...

Last summer I was in norway (thank all the Gods) so I wasn't home when the heat wave struck..

My GP says it's pretty common and can be caused by different things. Also i usually goes away in a few years. He has me trying out different antihistemines to see if it helps. Personally I think that it's my body sending me a massive message to take better care of me and get healthy and in shape

Which is what I'm going to do :D

• Like 1