Forums are back in action! ×

First Post! Hello Everyone!

Hi guys! I'm a long, long time lurker, and decided spontaneously that today was going to be the day I finally joined the forums and started posting. I was going to wait for the next six-week challenge, but I want to start now instead of waiting two more weeks! The wait is torture.

I'm 26 years old, 4'11", and as of today, 137.8 pounds (after being stuck around 145 for a few years).

I dabble in intermittent fasting (sort of?), and I'm very slowly trying to work on eating healthier foods. As for fitness, well, it's complicated. I've found that I really love running, weight lifting, yoga, bodyweight training, flexibility stuff, high intensity circuit training... a bit of everything, really. One day I want to get into parkour and rock-climbing, but I'm kind of like a cat -- I really, really like climbing stuff, but my fear of heights kicks in at the top and I can't get back down, haha.

Some of the (fitness-y) stuff I really want to work on in the next year: handstands, cool yoga poses like crow pose, doing my first pull-up(!!!), doing the splits, and of course, losing weight. I've always envisioned myself as being an adorable, tiny, badass fighting machine, and now I'm going to get there no matter what it takes!! 

I'm normally pretty shy and introverted so this is a really big leap for me, but I'm really excited to meet my fellow fitness-loving nerds!

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion!

Well, it sounds like the hardest part for you might be to stick to a certain type of exercise. :D

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thank you!!

And ugh, YES, definitely. I am starting from zero and want to be able to do everything! I'm starting out by setting "appointments" (right now all I've set up is strength training on Tuesdays at 2pm). All my workouts are at home, so it's not a true appointment, but I like to look at it that way so that I don't skip them. Anyway, that's my only required workout, and everything else is just what I feel like doing that day, if anything, until I feel comfortable scheduling another appointment with myself. It's less stressful than my usual "commit-to-starting-everything-at-once" attitude!

I took a peek at your battle log and I have to say, congratulations on all those inches you lost!! :)

Hi there and welcome! ( it feels really wierd saying that as I'm very new myself :D)

I can totally relate to wanting to change everything all at once. This usually results in me being super motivated for a few weeks and then quiting everything...

Taking one small step at a time is really helping me a lot! It's hard in the beginning but makes it easier to stay on track!

Keep me posted!

• Like 1

Thank you!!

And ugh, YES, definitely. I am starting from zero and want to be able to do everything! I'm starting out by setting "appointments" (right now all I've set up is strength training on Tuesdays at 2pm). All my workouts are at home, so it's not a true appointment, but I like to look at it that way so that I don't skip them. Anyway, that's my only required workout, and everything else is just what I feel like doing that day, if anything, until I feel comfortable scheduling another appointment with myself. It's less stressful than my usual "commit-to-starting-everything-at-once" attitude!

I took a peek at your battle log and I have to say, congratulations on all those inches you lost!! :)

Oh, that battle log has had its ups and downs and false starts and all that. I'm back to square 2, as it were. (Some progress remade, but a long way to go.) :D

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hi there and welcome! ( it feels really wierd saying that as I'm very new myself :D)

I can totally relate to wanting to change everything all at once. This usually results in me being super motivated for a few weeks and then quiting everything...

Taking one small step at a time is really helping me a lot! It's hard in the beginning but makes it easier to stay on track!

Keep me posted!

Yes, exactly!! Taking one small step at a time drives me a little crazy -- I want results now! I read recently that the benefit of starting only one new habit at a time is that if you quit your newest habit, you won't quit them all at once because the older ones are already more ingrained into your lifestyle. Maybe that's obvious, but it took seeing it written that way for me to go "Oh! Duh!" and accept that my process might be a little slow at first, but it's going to snowball and stay for life in the long run. We can do it!

• Like 1

Oh, that battle log has had its ups and downs and false starts and all that. I'm back to square 2, as it were. (Some progress remade, but a long way to go.) :D

Aw, well we all have those false starts, don't we? ;) Just remember the road will always be bumpy. Maybe that's obvious, but it's something I've always known, yet only recently accepted, if that makes sense. At least with your log you can look back on what isn't working for you and decide what's best. Good luck! You can do it!!