Forums are back in action! ×

Hey peeps! Three years (!) after I originally signed up for the forums and attempted (and failed) my first six-week challenge, I decided it was time to come back. Its been an interesting few years--I went paleo, joined crossfit, lost 60 pounds, and then I went to law school. I stopped crossfit because it really messed me up mentally, but maintained most of my weight loss thanks to Tae Kwon Do and my new-found love: ballet! Unfortunately, the past year hasn't been a good one for me as far as fitness goes. I started the year with some reoccurring achilles tendonitis, strained my right hamstring in March (about a 2 month process for full recovery), and then TORE my other hamstring in June (still working on fully rehabbing it). As a result of that (and the usual stress that comes with being in law school), I've put on about 25-30 lbs, something I'm not super stoked about. Worse still, I've lost a ton of strength,stamina, and flexibility--all bad things, since I'm planning on testing for my third-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do late this upcoming summer (my avatar is me at my second degree testing a couple of years ago, although my hair is about a million inches longer now).  

But there's light on the horizon! I've put together a plan that should help me come back from these stupid injuries and also help me refocus on my fitness goals. So that's why I'm back--I'd like a place to be accountable to as I move forward. So, there you are, and here I am!

Hey! Nice to see that you've made the decision to come back! And that TKD looks so badass (dreams). How long have you been doing it? 

The injury sucks, but there's loads of support around the site, and a couple of forums for people with injuries and the like, so explore! 

But having a plan is always a great first step, and I'm totally here to push you forwards and get you to take the next one, even if you end up feeling like you want to ghost out. :P

So, hi! Welcome back! 

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest